Show Us Your D A F Unit Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Us Your D A F Unit Flags

For Me, One Of The Most Interesting Items To Collect Are Unit Attributed Flags. Many Unit Flags Of The D A F Were Brought Back By Allied Soldiers Following The End Of The War. I Thought It Would Be Interesting To Compile A Historical Record Of These Flags In The Collections Of Our Members. Many Of The Flags Are Even Marked To A Location, Such As This One. Possibly Some Of Our European Colleagues May Live In The Area And Know If The Buildings That Once Housed These Flags Still Exist.
    I Will Begin The Thread With This Example From Saarbruken
    Attached Files

The Unit Corner Patch. Luckily, The G I Who Captured This Flag Took The Time To Remove It From The Pole With The Rings Intact.
    Attached Files

Comment

good idea for a thread Bob,i often wondered how many of these came home with GI's.its an attractive design that would catch my eye if i was looking for a souvenier.plus these wre all located at factories in germany so besides the ones lost in air raids in sure lots were found in buildings after the war by GI's-anyways heres mine
      Attached Files

Comment

the patch,mine has one ring cut off but present,the rest are all there,it looks like who ever took it stated to cut it off and figured out it wouldnt take that lonk to take the rings off the pole
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Start To The Thread. Two Flags From The Same City. The U S 3rd Army Was Involved In Very Heavy Fighting Around Saarbrucken.

Comment

Nordhausen Neustadt 10 DAF Flag.

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

Regensburg 36 DAF Flag (really kind of "ratty"):

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

Ron-
                    Nice Flags. The Nordhaussen Flag Is An Odd Variant Design. I Wonder If It Had Any Relation To The Undergroundv-2 Factory?
                    Threads Such As This Will Help Document Surviving Examples Of These Flags For Future Historians And Collectors.

Comment

This Is A D A F Kreis Level Flag For Kreis Bogan. Note The Corner Patch Has A Redish Hue To It And It Is Outlined In Black Tape, Indicative Of The Kreis Level
                      Attached Files

Comment

Corner Patch
                        Attached Files

Comment

D A F Ortsgruppen Flag From The Town Of Eichendorf. This Flag Lacks The D A F Cog Wheel As It Represents The Office Of The Political Leaders Of The D A F. This Is An Early Flag Due To The Static Swastika
                          Attached Files

Comment

Corner Patch
                            Attached Files

Comment

Daf

have shown this one before, but worth including here.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X