Berlin-brandenburg S A Officer Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Address

That is so cool. If history was this interesting while I was in school I might have paid a bit more attention!! Great job...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
      VERY INTERESTING TO SEE THE BUILDING MY TUNIC WAS WORN IN! IT APPEARS TO BE A PRIVATE RESIDENCE NOW......
      Hi Sean (luftwaffe blue).

Thank you for the pics !! It makes the history come "alive"
      Great Job there

Cheers,
      Ibrahim,
      Singapore.

Comment

Berlin Neu-Koln SA

On my travels again in Germany and as i have posted previously other SA buildings here is an another old SA headquarter for 3RD STANDARTE BERLIN-NEUKOLN, WILDENBRUCHSTR. 10.
        This is the original building which has remained as it was from the 1930s,only the door has been replaced over time, a Jewish occupant was removed by the authorities after 1933 to make way for the SA, rightly so there is a plaque that is shown next to the door of the original occupant.
        I hope you find this of interest, Sean
        Attached Files

Comment

no10
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to pick this uniform up after Mr. Coleman passed away.

Here it is setup on display. The photos do it no justice.

William Kramer
            Attached Files
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

SA tunic

a well-documented tunic. good for you

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                Hello all, I was fortunate enough to pick this uniform up after Mr. Coleman passed away. Here it is setup on display. The photos do it no justice. William Kramer
                For me it is a put-together set (not uncommon with material from Bob).
                I wonder why there are no braids at the arm for years of service. Further the lanyard (SA-Pfeiffenschnur) is not correct for Berlin. It should be a black one, according the 1936 RZM manufacturing regulations.
                Since April 1937 there was a unified form: brown Signalpfeiffenschnur.
                Normally this kepi form, should not be worn. The shown one is the twill form. Officially the kepi should be from about the same material as the tunic. Further the eagle should have been adapted for the
                June 1937 form.

Another remark and when I do know it correct out-of-heart: the silver wound badge, introduced September 1939, tells there should be another form of underlay for the shoulder-strap, as black was for
                pioneer-units since July 1939. There is no pioneer badge upon the collar-patch. From July the underlay should be grey. I think the decorations are changed by someone.

A man who could pay for a tunic like this, should also have purchased the correct cap. If I am wrong please correct me!
                By the way most addresses are not correct as mentioned in post 14. Obvious as most are taken from the US list.
                Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 12-20-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Shoulder board color black is totally fine for this tunic at this early stage color matched tabs.This tunic is fine.Also no service stripes just means he was new to SA.I had a dentist Tunic from,Neiderhein also black NCO tabs and board but with gold buttons it had service stripes but similar to this.Kepi,does go with brownshirt but not an,issue.Rare kepi with NCO piping nice!

Comment

I was wondering when this tunic was going to be reviewed after the auction sale.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                      F
                      Another remark and when I do know it correct out-of-heart: the silver wound badge, introduced September 1939, tells there should be another form of underlay for the shoulder-strap, as black was for pioneer-units since July 1939. There is no pioneer badge upon the collar-patch. From July the underlay should be grey. I think the decorations are changed by someone.
                      Actually, this is a WWI Wound Badge.

(But of course that doesn't mean the decorations must be original to the tunic, either. Notice that in the first photo the tunic is adornced with the SA Sports Badge and the German Sports Badge.)

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                        Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to pick this uniform up after Mr. Coleman passed away.

Here it is setup on display. The photos do it no justice.

William Kramer
                        Amazing tunic, thank you for sharing!

Comment

What's baffling me,is Mr.Saris maybe the badge is added and not,original to tunic.So,nothing wrong with shoulder board which is fine.Your assessment of tunic is kind of strange.Never have I heard someone base badges on tunic parts unless named and documented medals to wearer.Also tunic is prewar OBVIOUSLY SO,why would black represent pioneer..thats wartime,SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
                            What's baffling me,is Mr.Saris maybe the badge is added and not,original to tunic.So,nothing wrong with shoulder board which is fine.Your assessment of tunic is kind of strange.Never have I heard someone base badges on tunic parts unless named and documented medals to wearer.Also tunic is prewar OBVIOUSLY SO,why would black represent pioneer..thats wartime,SA.
                            I know. I based my opinion on the wound badge, which I though was TR. But that was wrong of course.
                            Andreas told it was WWI.
                            Who knows who put the badges to the tunic (see also post 1). A lot can happen in 65 or more years.

I still wonder why the ranked person did not have service stripes at the arms.
                            I know the black is not pioneer. It is not even wartime. The introduction took
                            place with order F O 2b 13735 and was published July 1, 1939 and so it was
                            already a fact before the war started.
                            Whatever: the lanyard does not belong there and the cap is added later and
                            was not ever part of the tunic!
                            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-02-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

That is an SA lanyard for a whistle..not sure of date they stopped using color of gruppe..but SA lanyards are that Brown,color had several,with SA rzm tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
                                That is an SA lanyard for a whistle..not sure of date they stopped using color of gruppe..but SA lanyards are that Brown,color had several,with SA rzm tags.
                                I know what it is (see other posts. You better read 22. There you can read how they were phrased). Brown came in 1937, before that SA groups had their own and different color.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X