full button up HJ winter blouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full button up HJ winter blouse

Any opinions on a full button up winter HJ blouse instead of the pull over style? I have two such jackets. One has a RZM tag that says Flieger HJ winter blouse. The second is the same cut but RZM tag is gone - threads left as evidence. Anybody know of any regulations on what these officially are? They are two pocket with 5 button front, not meant to be tucked in in my opinion. One jacket came with pants with belt loops too small for the wide standart belt.

Here is what I have found. In the book German Army Uniforms by Brian L. Davis there is a photo of a group of HJ boys around a motorcycle will full button up jackets no shoulder straps or district triangle. I also saw one in a museum in Vienna with Flieger HJ shoulder straps.

Paul

Hi, do you have any pictures? What colour is the jacket?

Comment

I can't post pictures yet.
      They are dark blue/black same color as a standard pullover HJ tunic that I have.

They are cut the same but have slight differences in minor sewing details which leads me to believe they are from two different companies or at least two different seamstresses. The one in Vienna was also black.

In Angolia's book he says that there was a color change from black to blue in late 38.

Comment

I can't post pictures yet.
        They are dark blue/black same color as a standard pullover HJ tunic that I have.

They are cut the same but have slight differences in minor sewing details which leads me to believe they are from two different companies or at least two different seamstresses. The one in Vienna was also black.

In Angolia's book he says that there was a color change from black to blue in late 38.

Comment

@Paul:

I don't collect uniforms and only have one reference book which deals with your item. Unfortunately it only shows the more usually encountered 'pullover' type. I went through my photos and other books and found pictures of another type of jacket with wider lapels (not the leader blouse) but that doesn't seem to be the one you describe. This one is up for auction here:

http://www.berliner-auktionshaus.com/

Is this the type of jacket you have? If so then it should give the uniform collectors a starting point.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes that is it. Were all open front jackets Flieger? Or is Flieger just a cut style?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X