• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standartenfuhrer Kepi

This Is A Very Early Crusher Style Kepi For A Standartenfuhrer
    From S A Gruppe Sudwest
    Attached Files

The Man Was Orignally Posted To A Gruppe Staff. Note The Original Red Colored Top Under The Orange Yellow Modification
    Attached Files

Comment

Side View
      Attached Files

Comment

Lovely piece Bob, but why did the NSDAP choose this form of headwear? ive seen the Rotfront in pictures wearing the same type of cap etc..was this the favoured headwear of the day?
        Attached Files

Comment

As usual, a beauty, Bob! Original higher officers' kepis are nearly impossible to find nowadays.
          Festina lente!

Comment

I could barely peel my eyes off this one--fantastic!

Erich, even nice EM/NCO kepis are hard to find, let alone officers!
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
              Lovely piece Bob, but why did the NSDAP choose this form of headwear? ive seen the Rotfront in pictures wearing the same type of cap etc..was this the favoured headwear of the day?
              I DO NOT BELIEVE I HAVE EVER HEARD THE REASON WHY THE KEPI WAS CHOSEN. I DO KNOW THAT IT WAS A POPULAR FORM OF MILITARY HEAD WEAR OF THE ERA AD EARLIER.
              BY THE WAY, I FORGOT TO MENTION A SMALL DETAIL ON THIS KEPI THAT SPEAKS TO THE FRUGILE NATURE OF THE ORIGINAL OWNER. ON THE FIRST IMAGE, FOCUS ON THE SCHIN STRAP. NOTE HOW THIN THE SECTION TO YOUR RIGHT IS AGAINST THE OTHER SIDE. THE OWNER REPLACED THE LEATHER ON ONLY ONE SIDE OF THIS HAT!

Comment

Hi Bob,

I saw this beautiful kepi before here on WAF, but a cap like this deserves more than one reply It's a real killer!

Comment

bob now is the sudwest a over lay cover on top of the red Gruppe Staff? or was it a half modification?

also was the leather band pulled into the middle of the cap by you? you know i seen the leather difference but it didn't click to me, but as you said it it hit me as weird as why he only did one side?? very unique cap with all those changes and still in great shape too!

very nice bob

greg koepp

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp View Post
                    bob now is the sudwest a over lay cover on top of the red Gruppe Staff? or was it a half modification?

also was the leather band pulled into the middle of the cap by you? you know i seen the leather difference but it didn't click to me, but as you said it it hit me as weird as why he only did one side?? very unique cap with all those changes and still in great shape too!

very nice bob

greg koepp
                    GREG-
                    THE YELLOW ORANGE TOP IS ONLY SEWN TO THE TOP OF THE KEPI. THE STRAP IS CERTAINLY ODD. EITHER THIS FELLOW WAS EXTREMELY FRUGILE OR THE OLD STRAP HAD A SPECIAL MEANING AND HE KEPT WHAT HE COULD OF THE ORIGINAL.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X