Foreign Minister von Ribbentrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Minister von Ribbentrop

I have just seen reproductions of sleeve rank and pay insignia for Foreign Minister von Ribbentrop. I have never seen them before and wondered how accurate they are. They are on the website of "The Marschal's Baton" which if remarkable done. Here is the link
    http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm
    Have anyone seen the originals?

sleeve insignia

Here are the pics
    Attached Files

Comment

2nd pay grade patch

2nd pay grade patch
      Attached Files

Comment

Bob--,they have Sepp Dietrich's leather overcoat for sale, and state that it was once owned by you--any story there?!
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Bob--,they have Sepp Dietrich's leather overcoat for sale, and state that it was once owned by you--any story there?!
          There is quite a story. I received a telephone call from a toy soldier collector I knew on a Thursday evening. He had been contacted by a charity sale with regards to the Dietrich overcoat in the early 70's. As the sale started Friday morning and it was a Thursday evening, I immediately drove the car up to Winnetka, Illinois, where the event was being held. It was fortunate that I went as the Winnetka Community House was four blocks square. There were over twenty entrances to the sale and you could only access one area from one entrance. I discovered the area where the coat was and showed up at 5:30am to get in line for the 7:00 AM opening. When I got to the coat, I found out it was a silent auction and it would close at 3:00 PM. Thus I went to my office and came back at 2:45 to find that my initial bid of $100 ws up to the huge amount of $150.00. I discovered the only other "serious" bidder was a woman who was a thespian or something that sounds similar to that. Her intent for use of the coat was quite different from mine. I outbid her(of course)and obtained the coat from the charity. They provided me with the name of the man who had donated the piece. I dicovered he was a lawyer who worked at Chicago Title and Trust Company and was retiring to Arizona. I made arrangements to meet him and have him dictate a statement how he obtained the coat and then had it notarized. The story of how he got it is too long for this thread. Interesting to see it has become available. I would love tp buy it back but likely, it is priced out of my budget.
          Last edited by Bob Coleman; 05-20-2007, 10:49 PM.

Comment

von Ribbentrop

I found this picture of his pay rank sleeve insignia. Anyone ever seen a real one?
            Attached Files

Comment

1935 version
              Attached Files

Comment

well i wasn't going to show this until it was finished ie framed.anyone thinking about spending $100.00 on these ,think again you are being robbed imo.

first up diplomat cap eagles.in all variations general,summer etc.
                pay group 111 insignia.
                pay group 11 insignia aluminium wire on field grey,no stars were incorporated into this particular pay group.

finally how the frame will be laid out with with most of the pay groups.the pay group b 3a are the gold hand embroidered on black for wear outside the reich.
                anyone wishing to buy this type of reproduction insignia you dont have to pay $100.00 + bucks per badge.i hope this may help some of you

Comment

Those are beautiful! Are you saying those are reproductions? Are you selling them?

Comment

Those are beautiful! Are you saying those are reproductions? Are you selling them?
                    yes everything you see is a reproduction,and not made in pakistan or china that i can promise you.
                    i had these insignia made especially for me,has i had not seen many items regarding the german foreign office and i think german diplomats uniforms look very ,very smart.

to answer the question am i selling them..the short answer is no..but if your interested or anyone else come to that matter i may be able to help you out

and heres a pic of the pay group b 3a

Comment

to the original poster, here is a better ribbentrop sleeve insignia.

Comment

In 1993 I sold Ribbentrops overcoat and trausers. I only took B&W photos for the catalog I put out. As you can see from these poor pictures his diplomatic patch was very detailed. The ribbon was even checkered.

Comment

Hello all, here is another one I have attributed to Gesandter Andor Hencke. Comments are welcome.

Comment

Ribbentrop sleeve insignia

Fellow Collectors,

Attached is an image of a high quality reproduction Ribbentrop sleeve insignia, although I do not like reproductions, it is OK to have examples such as this, which one knows he will never acquire an original.

Regards,
                            Dave
                            Attached Files

Comment

another example
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X