Heres my NSKOV contribution
    Attached Files

2 close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Peter-
      Is This A Podium Or Wall Banner?

Comment

Bob, It is an actual flag. If you look at the far right side of picture 1 you can see the mounting rings.

Comment

1 more picture here. I have it draped on 1 of the gun safes. If you need a better picture, I can try to get 1 tommorrow during the day.
          Attached Files

Comment

Peter-
            An Interesting Piece. I Have Seen N S K O V Unit Flags Similar To A S A Sturmfahne. This Must Have Been An Orgaizational Flag Kept In An Office Or Possibly Flown Outside A Headquarters. I Will Post Photos Of The Sturmfahne Type Flag Tomorrow.
            Bob

Comment

The shown flag is no NSKOV-flag, but the flag for the Soldatenbund. This league of soldier's was created in early 1936. In spring 1936 their uniform was introduced and the flag shown in the well-known magazine "Uniformen-Markt".
              THis is the normal type. When there are other colors shown instead of the read stripe this then means the branch-of-service they served in earlier.
              This flag was shown with a plate of flags with a stand of December 1936:
              Fahnen und Standarten der Wehrmacht, issues in 1937.

Comment

In my hurry I forgot to mention the flag was only officially in use until 1938 as then the Soldatenbund joined the NS-Reichkriegerbund and used their insignia and flags.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X