Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Armband

Greetings all,

Sometime ago I purchased a grouping which included 2 armbands like the one shown. Does anyone have an idea what it's for? I've taken it to shows and posted on another form last year but as of yet no one can identify. Any help appreciated.

Best regards,
    Richard
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Richard I have 4 visor caps from Bulgaria and two from Chechoslavakia that have this standing lion on the cap badges, or I should say very similar standing lions. The DDU I have no clue. Have you done an internet google or whatever search? If not try Bulgaria or Chechoslavakia

Comment

Not sure that reads "DDU"? I think the first letter is a "V"?

No idea on the armband, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I was thinking the letters were VDA, note the last letter looks just like an A on aufklarung shoulder straps. Hence maybe "Verband der ??? Maybe one day the answer will be known

Best regards,
          Richard

Comment

Unknown Armband

I also think that the letters are VDA and that this is a VDA (Verein fur das Deutschtum im Ausland) armband as worn by Germans living in a Country outside of Germany who would form an organization/club in support of the German resurgence and patriotism going on back in the fatherland. Most members of these groups were not really diehard Nazis if pro-Nazi at all, rather they were nationalists who wanted to show support for their reborn country. Most of these organizations were formed in the early 1930's and disbanded after the German resurgence showed its true colors of hostility and intentions of world domination in 1939 after the German invasion of Poland. The blue and white colors are the colors of the VDA and I can only surmize that the lion is a known/popular symbol in the country where these displaced Germans had formed their organization. You may have the answer already since you state that you received these along with other items. What nationality were/are the other items from? Hope this helps and if you still have two of these armbands, I'd gladly make you an offer for your duplicate. Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Many thanks for your response which seems to be the best I've heard to date! Never heard of that organization but makes since. To me, the lion looks Danish or Flemmish. The other items I got with the 2 armbands offer no clues as they were KM and Heer breast eagles. Would be happy to part with one if interested.

Best regards,
              Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X