SA Cigarettes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Cigarettes!

I thought I posted this yesterday, but it didn’t take.

I know that re-enactors and collectors have packs of cigarettes that German soldiers would have smoked before and during the war.

Has anyone seen, or have, these SA brand cigarettes from circa 1930? What a rare item they must be, if any still exist, unsmoked! Even photos of them I think would be interesting. I’m sure major museums must have them. But Collectors such as ourselves seem to be able to compete with the largest museums, when it comes to rare items! IMO
    Attached Files

Sturm produced different grades of cigarettes--Sturm, Neue Front, Alarm, and Trommler, and Balila. Balila and Trommler outsold the more expensive grades.
    Dressler, the company owner, promised the SA 15-20 pf for every 1000 cigarettes sold and contributions were also forthcoming to the SA Leadership. The SA and Sturm made a considerable amount of money in this venture. However, because of violence and boycotts of Reetsma cigarettes, Hermann Göring, as Prussian minister of the Interior, came to Reetsma's rescue and stopped the negative actions. The Sturm company filed for bankruptcy in 1935.
    I have 2 empty packages and some promotional items but the packages are very hard to find. Most would have been discarded, donated to paper drives, or burnt. Not too many people would save empty cigarette packs during the period!
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Erich,
      absolutely fantastic information!
      Thank you so much for this post - just having the material you have, let alone the knowledge, impresses the hell out of me!

As I said, even International Museums have nothing up on our best experts, which you undoubtedly are.

John

Comment

Here’s another cigarette advertisement

F6AC95CD-ABB7-47B6-909F-3F83A916775F.jpeg

Comment

Nice advert, my friend!!!
          I quit smoking years ago. But if someone could give me a vintage Trommler, I would smoke it. On video. Just because! Any other advertisements?

John

Comment

Erich, thank you for the information! That sheds some light on the question, "Why?".

A couple items from my collection. Sorry, no paper packets. The advertisement is from the back of an NSBO publication.

Alen Davidson

20200619_112648.jpg SA Cigarettes, Paper Airplane, side 2.jpg SA Cigarettes, Paper Airplane, side 1.jpg

Comment

Very Nice advertisement art!
              What is the item beneath it? Looks look like a counter display for a shop that’s sells Sturm cigarettes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X