MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this Pouch and What Organization Would Have Used It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this Pouch and What Organization Would Have Used It?

Hi,
    I need your help in identifying just what this pouch is and who would have used it? It's an old MAX Baltimore purchase that I bought from a dealer said it was for mounted SA formations? Looks like some sort of dress cartridge pouch. I just liked it and now 30 years later I'm trying to ID it. It measures 6 1/2" x 5". Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

what ever it is? it is some kind of special pouch that is for sure. I also hope that a member can bring it to light?

Comment

It looks like an early NSKK type helmet eagle to me

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig View Post
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig View Post
          +2

Comment

But IMO no “official” NSKK pouch. Never saw such a pouch with this eagle before. Maybe postwar “upgraded” to achieve higher interest and sales price?
            Last edited by ivbaust; 09-09-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the responses. Certainly looks early NSKK but far too small for a crash helmet eagle. The price was nominal even by 1990 standards so even if "enhanced", it did not make an enhanced price. Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner View Post
                ... It measures 6 1/2" x 5". ...
                Are these the measures of the pouch?

The eagle for an NSKK crash helmet (1st model) measures approx. 5” x 3,5”

Comment

Yes, the helmet plate was added at some point. The leather could be German, I would look at the snap hook and see if is marked.

Comment

motorcycle bag.Im guessing.

Comment

Thanks guys. Ivbaust you are correct. The eagle dimensions are 5" wingtip to wingtip and 3 1/2" tall from top of head to base of wreath, so it has to be a first pattern crash helmet eagle. Funny, they always look so large on the crash helmets. No markings anywhere including the snap hook or on the leather, Construction looks German but who knows. Again, appreciate your input.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X