Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsnährstand Silberne Gau Ehrenbrosche

Hi,
    for more than 10 years this small badge has been lying around. Today, the mystery was finally solved; iit's the Reichsnährstand Silberne Gau Ehrenbrosche.
    Does any one know, to whom or why it was awarded?
    Attached Files

Where is written that it is a Gau Honor brooch in silver ? I have 3 different of these and I believe that they were for Reichsnährstands schools for females.

Comment

I found one at Weitze....

Comment

I have not ever and nowhere seen an indication this to be a honor brooch.
        Not mentioned in any publication. Would like to know where weitze got this information.
        Some people do have too much fantasy!

Comment

Try Hüsken -Katalog der Abzeichen deutscher Organisationen, Auflage von 2010

Comment

So what, does Hüsken know? Come on!

Comment

You know better?? Sure

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                Try Hüsken -Katalog der Abzeichen deutscher Organisationen, Auflage von 2010
                In the catalogue is a picture of my brooch and I have any document which goes with it, so .... !?

Comment

so, please show the document and we all know.
                  It would be great to see it. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Please show..

Comment

Pardon, but my English is not so good ! I wanted to say that I have NO document and never seen one, that's why I ask myself where André found that it might be a Gau honor brooch.

Comment

that was my question also Reinhard2. I always thought they were for regular use and
                        had no specific meaning. But I am willing to learn. I have never said I know all!

Brooches like this were most often worn by females at schools and institutions. It was
                        for sure not in use at any of the Landfrauenschulen.
                        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-05-2020, 04:11 AM.

Comment

I have one even with the name of a town. That's why I think that they were for Reichsnährstand schools (which differ from Landfrauenschulen) or other Reichsnährstand institutions. The Odal rune was used by the Reichsnährstand or for normal brooches, but those silver brooches which I have differ very much from normal brooches.
                          Last edited by Reinhard2; 09-05-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks Reinhard, Wim, and everyone. I am very interested in this subject. I know Reinhard has a LOT of knowledge. The sheer amount of badges and pins he has, makes it difficult not to learn obscure facts from him. His English, which is not perfect, is far better than my German.

Wim also is a rare, True Expert, as we all know!

I am proud to know both of you.

Just wanted to post this comment, as I grow older, as it is very sincere, and who knows when I will be able to say it again?!

Thanks AJ for posting this neat item - Really cool!!! Thanks

John

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
                              Wim also is a rare, True Expert, as we all know!

Just wanted to post this comment, as I grow older, as it is very sincere, and who knows when I will be able to say it again?!

John
                              Thanks John, I know just things from my about 50 years of experience. And who is old. The devil is!
                              From most we have no idea how old they are. But when one is running into the 80's, he is!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X