Bronze Table Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronze Table Eagle

Can't seem to find any info on this. Don't see any markings. Opinions?

Attached Files
    Last edited by jim10011; 08-27-2020, 10:25 AM.

These usually don't have markings. I like what I see on this one

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      These usually don't have markings. I like what I see on this one
      Thank you. Have you ever seen these for sale? Wondering what to offer for it.

Comment

I think this is a Neat-o item. There is definitely a market for very early party eagles like this. I know John T at German War Booty has dealt with these in the past. His site may give you an idea on the price.

Comment

I've had 2 collectors tell me this is a poorly cast repro. One of them said these spots show it.

Comment

Jim,
            this isn’t my area, but I am envious of early party items.

It’s a neat-o item, in other words cool. Sorry If I got this wrong as far as original or not. I would defer to collectors more knowledgeable, please follow their advice.

At least I can tell you that there is a market, for sure and definitely, for these.
            John T from German War Booty could tell you one way of the other, he is a great dealer.

Trust those who PM’d you, and make sure. I do however like the stand attached to this piece.

I started really relying on the expert opinions on WAF, really hard, for all items, when I learned Tinnies were being faked!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
              Jim,
              this isn’t my area, but I am envious of early party items.

It’s a neat-o item, in other words cool. Sorry If I got this wrong as far as original or not. I would defer to collectors more knowledgeable, please follow their advice.

At least I can tell you that there is a market, for sure and definitely, for these.
              John T from German War Booty could tell you one way of the other, he is a great dealer.

Trust those who PM’d you, and make sure. I do however like the stand attached to this piece.

I started really relying on the expert opinions on WAF, really hard, for all items, when I learned Tinnies were being faked!

John
              Thanks John I emailed him and would like to hear what he has to say.

Comment

Jim,
                I think you did the right thing.
                IMO the front doesn’t look cast at all, it’s really pretty darned good. However​​​​​, I do trust John T’s opinion more than my own in these!

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
                  Jim,
                  I think you did the right thing.
                  IMO the front doesn’t look cast at all, it’s really pretty darned good. However​​​​​, I do trust John T’s opinion more than my own in these!
                  I agree the front looks great. And I thought the back did too. A few people who are long time collectors say this eagle is legit. But then 2 were emphatic that it has casting marks. I wish I had more expertise. I hate relying on other people. And it's hard to know who to trust. I am learning but it's a slow process.

Comment

I totally appreciate your comments, JIm.
                    I would buy this because it looks beautifully put together. Cast copies are blocky, blobby, etc. That’s why I think it is legit. Nowadays, however, it is getting tougher to spot fakes.

A cast copy usually does not have these details, IMO!

But it is the stand on the back that makes me believe it is real.

I know you hate relying on others to validate your items, I did too. However, get used to it, it eventually is a good thing. Trust me. You know why? Because you will become more and more expert in certain items, and others will rely on you for them.

Beyond that, your fellow collectors will send you items, at a discount, knowing that’s your specialty, and will rather send you items than wait for them to sell from a website. And you know what? You will do the same, if you ever want to take this up as a business. I wish you would. We can always use honest men like you.

Joun

Comment

I would love to take a class to learn from experts how to authenticate this stuff. I'd pay good money for it. Learning as I go is a long, painstaking process.

Comment

Originally posted by jim10011 View Post
                        Learning as I go is a long, painstaking process.
                        Thats what it costs. These birds are all bad and I think one shown over the years might have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jim10011 View Post
                          I would love to take a class to learn from experts how to authenticate this stuff. I'd pay good money for it. Learning as I go is a long, painstaking process.
                          The only thing you are learning is to use everyones knowledge that has taken most of use a lifetime with the help of buying books and reading and learning, no just asking is it legit all the time.

Comment

That is the cost. I can agree on that, at my age, J.

Years of experience, nothing else can replace it.

John

Comment

What bothers me the most is when experts give an opinion they usually just say fake, garbage, thumbs down and not a word about why so others can learn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X