SA Gruppe Westmark??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karte der SA-Gruppen [LQ].jpg

Perhaps this may help - it is taken from the SHAEF book dedicated to the SA, albeit altered to be more printer friendly.

Comment

Thanks for adding this map to the discussion, though we don't have the date this map represents. According to the lists from the "Organisationsbuch" provided by HPL2008 above, SA-Gruppe Westmark had been replaced by SA-Gruppe Mittelrhein by/before 1943, which enabled the former 'Westmark' to absorb Luxemburg into it's bounds under it's new name.

Br. James

Comment

The exact date of renaming from Westmark into Mittelrhein was noted to be July 1, 1941,
        according to the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung from May 20, 1941 with order
        Ch. Nr. 11 210.
        I mentioned this in volume 3 for the headgear-series on page 303.

The map shown is from after the war, I thought about April 1945 and is from SHAEF.
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-04-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for adding this detail, Wim. And BTW, I do have your Volume 3 in my library, though I have not committed it to memory...and at my age, that is not likely to happen anytime soon! Your friendship and tolerance are both greatly appreciated!

Br. James

Comment

we all do forget things, especially we from the older generation.

Comment

Right you are, Wim...but we also remember that all of these youngsters who seem to remember everything now, just as we did back in the day, will also come to realize that they are forgetting things, too...if they live long enough!

Cheers and blessings,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X