Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gau Leiter einer stelle armband... help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gau Leiter einer stelle armband... help?

Hello all, new person here with a first post. Additionally, I think I have this listed in the correct forum area, but am not certain.

I am not a collector of WW2 memorabilia, so am trying to educate myself on this item, it’s potential history, and what it may be worth.

My father in law gave us this armband just before he lost his fight with cancer. He served in the Navy during WW2. He stated that he had acquired the arm band from a Army Sargent who was returning to the states at the end of the war. Knowing how much my Father in law loved playing poker, I wouldn’t be surprised if he won it in a card game. Or perhaps he simply traded and/or bought the item.

I posted some pictures of it on a Facebook group for this sort of thing, and with the help of a knowledgeable young man named Andrew, I believe that we have identified it correctly.

Andrew did suggest that I come here and seek your opinions concerning this armband.

We believe it is a Gau Leiter einer stelle administrative armband. We were able to find exact matches to the armband on a couple different websites. One was military-antiques-Stockholm and the other was named as germandagger . Com

Would like to see if that can be confirmed. Also any additional information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Such as who would likely would have been the people to wear this particular type of armband. What sort of uniform it would have been worn with. Etc. really anything relatable to this armband.

I am attaching pictures of the armband with closeup pictures of the detailed areas.

thank you in advance for any insight or knowledge you share. 2422A01C-A50A-4793-B582-1FEC87611223.jpeg
    Attached Files

Having a bit of trouble with the photos. Will add a couple more here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Acearcher; 08-06-2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

And one without the changes required to post it on Facebook. B7C06D44-61A2-4C1C-BA74-DD5081D83AB9.jpeg
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        what you have there is a NSDAP Armband for Gau Level - Leiter einer Hauptstelle. Gau level is i dicated by the outer redisch boryering of the armband. The Uniform could either be a 4 pocket tunic or the brownshirt. With both a set of colar tabs also with the same piping would be worn.
        I hope i was of some help.
        cheers Dirk

Comment

This one is indeed a Stellenleiter armband. Hauptstelle would have gold pipe at top and bottom of the oakleaf band like this one shown
          Attached Files
          https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X