X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA-Gruppenführer collar tabs.

Hello.
    New addition.
    I like the oakleaf devices themselves but I'm not sure for the collar tabs.
    Please,can anyone with more expirience like me,confirm the originality or not and tell me which SA group is.
    Any and all help will be much appreciated.
    Thank all in advance.
    Jannis.
    Attached Files

I saw these tabs on eBay, I wasn't a fan of them. If they are real, I believe they were put together post war. The oakleaves don't appear to have been on them for very long. They don't have that 'impression' period assembled pieces have. Also, the tabs are for a Gruppenfuhrer of Gruppe Nordmark.

Sydney

Comment

Thank you very much Sidney,for your opinion.
      It is possible, I am not sure either, I think,in the case that after the war are but together,
      they are made with original parts.
      Jannis.

Comment

I found some at ulric of england.com, the collar tabs look similar to mine.
        The aging of the piping and the oakleaf devices is the same
        In mine piping and the oakleaf devices.has the same aging.
        May are not but together.
        Photos credited: ulric of england.com
        Jannis.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't see any evidence of the presence of the requisite RZM tag on the reverse of these tabs; every set included a tag, usually on the left tab.

Br. James

Comment

While not common to find, I have seen singles and sets of the metal Obergruppenführer metal devices for sale. From the mounted and unmounted metal oak leaves I've encountered, they usually have 2 double prongs (like the Ulrich Standartenführer example above) rather than a pair of single prongs like the example that opens this thread. I have seen a few with single prong pairs that appeared period. In the past, fake metal oakleaf fittings were too flat and had new looking plated finishes that were too shiny and weren't frosted. In hand, it might be easier to determine whether or not they're original, but from the photos, I can't tell with 100% certainty. My first reaction is that they look too 'new' (although, of course, there are plenty of mint examples of anything that are original but look too new). Based on the images alone, I would pass on them (unless they were super cheap) although I'm certainly willing to admit they could be original.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you both, Br.James and Erich, for your analytical comments, I appreciate them very much.
              When the collar tabs are received, I will take better photos and will upload here.
              Thanks again.
              Jannis.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                While not common to find, I have seen singles and sets of the metal Obergruppenführer metal devices for sale. From the mounted and unmounted metal oak leaves I've encountered, they usually have 2 double prongs (like the Ulrich Standartenführer example above) rather than a pair of single prongs like the example that opens this thread. I have seen a few with single prong pairs that appeared period. In the past, fake metal oakleaf fittings were too flat and had new looking plated finishes that were too shiny and weren't frosted. In hand, it might be easier to determine whether or not they're original, but from the photos, I can't tell with 100% certainty. My first reaction is that they look too 'new' (although, of course, there are plenty of mint examples of anything that are original but look too new). Based on the images alone, I would pass on them (unless they were super cheap) although I'm certainly willing to admit they could be original.
                Erich

Hello.
                Arrived today, have made new photos, I hope
                that's help.
                Thanks in advance.
                One thing is for sure, they look awesome in real life.
                Jannis.

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X