demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what uniform this man is wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what uniform this man is wearing?

Anyone know what uniform this man is wearing? Thanks
    Attached Files

Could be Stahlhelm Bund...

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Could be Stahlhelm Bund...

Br. James
      No, not Stahlhelm. They did not wear such device upon the collar.
      I guess it might be forestry of Dt. Jägerschaft, but I should have
      a look at the regulations. but for that I do not have time at the
      moment.

Comment

Hi Wim,

My source of reference is "Die Uniformen und Abzeichen: Fahnen, Standarten und Wimpel der SA, SS, HJ, des Stahlhelm, Brig. Ehrhardt, Amtswalter, NSBO, NSKK," published by Traditions-Verlag Rolf & Co., Berlin, in 1933. This fine reference work shows a whole range of collar tabs worn by the Stahlhelm Bund...though apparently not this exact design.

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          Hi Wim,

My source of reference is "Die Uniformen und Abzeichen: Fahnen, Standarten und Wimpel der SA, SS, HJ, des Stahlhelm, Brig. Ehrhardt, Amtswalter, NSBO, NSKK," published by Traditions-Verlag Rolf & Co., Berlin, in 1933. This fine reference work shows a whole range of collar tabs worn by the Stahlhelm Bund...though apparently not this exact design.

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James
          In that booklet there is no collar-patch with a large single leaf. As far as I see the leaf
          with the photo is directly onto the collar. The larger size of it gives me the thoughts it
          to be forestry. Cant ask my forestry-mentor, as he is with vacation!

Comment

sa wehrmannschaft?

Comment

sorry, but it is obvious you never looked well to photos with SA-Wehrmannschaft!!
              This is not to belittle you.

Comment

Freikorps?
                looks later than Freikorps - but many insignia were a single leaf.

Comment

Trying to enlarge the collar insignia, it seems to be either a full line of acorns or a small leaf with three acorns on the lower end. Checking my copy of the Uniformvorschrift of the Dt. Jägerschaft in the Heerenschneiderei, there is no similar collar insignia with the acorns and a single leaf.

. image_4703789.jpg

Comment

The collar insignia is reminiscent of the Deutsche Jägerschaft. I am not certain though. The forestry uniforms all had collar tabs and shoulder boards.

Marcus

Comment

In older uniform-regulations from forestry from about 1926 (up to 1934)
                      the single oakleaf was anyway in use, in a form like the shown one. It was
                      sewn directly onto the collar. Collar patches came with a later date!

I forget to mention, it also could be "Schützen", the shooting organization.
                      In catalogues one can find many forms of oakleaves. Color plates do show
                      the use of a single leaf.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your valuable input! Here is the complete photograph after minor repair.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice photo, and interesting input from everyone.
                          John

Comment

Take a look at my website, you will see all the rank insignia.
                            https://www.forestryofthethirdreich....-rank-insignia

Comment

Originally posted by stevenentabita View Post
                              Take a look at my website, you will see all the rank insignia.
                              https://www.forestryofthethirdreich....-rank-insignia
                              Thank-you very much for your help in this. So he is Forestry then? I don't see an exact example of the collar insignia on your website.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X