WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feldherrnhalle Sturmfuhrer tunic and kepi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tunic has a long pedegree having been in the collection of the late Ed Stadnicki for many years. It then found it's way across the Atlantic to the collection of a good friend in Holland, where it resided until his collecting interests changed. This tunic has now crossed the Atlantic Ocean back and forth twice! It is one of my favorite pieces in the collection. Thanks to all of you for the nice replys.

Bob

Comment

It goes without saying that it is superb Bob. I was just wondering if you had a FHH Walther PP or PPK hidden away there to put dress him out properly. I know Ed had an SA PP holster, but I don't think he had an FHH Walther.

The FHH gorget is great. Is the configuration like the Feldgendarmerie as it seems to have the same style chain? Or is a Junker like the Luftaufsicht gorgets that were small like this?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW
        It goes without saying that it is superb Bob. I was just wondering if you had a FHH Walther PP or PPK hidden away there to put dress him out properly. I know Ed had an SA PP holster, but I don't think he had an FHH Walther.

The FHH gorget is great. Is the configuration like the Feldgendarmerie as it seems to have the same style chain? Or is a Junker like the Luftaufsicht gorgets that were small like this?
        Hi Joe-
        Nice to hear from you. The gorget chain is closer to the Luftaufsicht model. I have only been fortunate enough to find a SA marked PP holster that came seperate from the uniform. There was a nice enlisted ranks tunic missing the FHH cypher at the SOS a few years ago. A mutual friend has it in his collection.
        Bob

Comment

Hi, I am more in daggers but also interested in FHH items. I do know nothing about uniforms of this organisation but would like to learn to know. Are there any books especially concerning uniforms and equipment of this unit?
          Also I would like to learn to know something about the uniform shown here before. My understanding was that the FHH-unit has had the more red looking color ("high-red"- equal to stabsführung) collar tabs and not this pink? Also that there has to be silver piping around the collar tabs not the intertwined pink? Im I wrong? Were changes during time? If so when what variant has been worn? I will thank you in advance for reading and answering.

Comment

Originally posted by daggers
            Hi, I am more in daggers but also interested in FHH items. I do know nothing about uniforms of this organisation but would like to learn to know. Are there any books especially concerning uniforms and equipment of this unit?
            Also I would like to learn to know something about the uniform shown here before. My understanding was that the FHH-unit has had the more red looking color ("high-red"- equal to stabsführung) collar tabs and not this pink? Also that there has to be silver piping around the collar tabs not the intertwined pink? Im I wrong? Were changes during time? If so when what variant has been worn? I will thank you in advance for reading and answering.
            Presently, the unit is only dealt with sparingly on the existing reference material on the SA. Red is associated with SA staff insignia. The FHH and OSAF utilized carmine based insignia, as is the case with this tunic and kepi top. The silvre edge piping on the collar and collar tabs was instituted with the 1939 pattern insignia, which dates the age of this tunic as earlier.
            Bob

Comment

Thank you very much for your explanations. They are helpful for me.

Comment

congrats again bob...you have one hell of a collection !

Comment

Wow, this thread is almost 5 years old... Glad it was brought back to the top because it was posted shorty before I discovered WAF and hence I haven't seen it until now. Bob, that's an incredibly rare tunic and kepi you have there - I can't recall having ever seen another. I don't actively collect political items but this is definitely something I wouldn't mind having in my collection! I really like how you were able to create a mannequin with the gorget, belt, straps, dagger etc... Just awesome.

Rob

Comment

I too missed this the first time around. Truly a beautiful and rare ensemble,
                    very nice.

This foto shows several FHH members along with Dr. Hans Heinrich Lammers. Of course the uniform type and insignia are different than
                    the one Bob owns. The foto is dated 1937, but their kepi eagles are
                    the 1929 type.

I cannot tell if the Schupo Officer is an Oberstleutnant or Oberleutnant.
                    Lammers' security aide from 1936-45 was a certain "Major Deckert,"
                    so it might be possible that this is Deckert in the foto. Joe, can you
                    verify?

Rgds,

Marcus

BUNDESARCHIVE BILD
                    Attached Files

Comment

Marcus, this is a nice picture. Thanks for sharing. The boards on the Schupo officer seem to have two pips (dark spots) on each. So he would either be an Oberst or a Hauptmann. He is wearing Adjutant cords, so I would presume him to be a company grade officer as adjutant- a Hauptmann. Certainly not an Oberst. I will check my files to see what is listed for Decker.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                        Marcus, this is a nice picture. Thanks for sharing. The boards on the Schupo officer seem to have two pips (dark spots) on each. So he would either be an Oberst or a Hauptmann. He is wearing Adjutant cords, so I would presume him to be a company grade officer as adjutant- a Hauptmann. Certainly not an Oberst. I will check my files to see what is listed for Decker.
                        "Hauptmann" Karl Deckert: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...157974&start=0

Comment

Sorry to only now respond to this thread, I.ve been away for a while.

Joe, were you able to find anything on Decker?

Thanks for the link to AHF.
                          d-h-f , Decker is listed as "Adjutant des Reichsministers, Hauptmann der
                          Schutzpolizei, Karl Decker" I believe Hauptmann was Decker's entry
                          rank to the post in 1936 or 37.

Rgds,

Marcus

Comment

Marcus, it is most probably him. Karl Deckert (sorry for the spelling error) was promoted to Major on 20.4.38. As you photo was dated 1937 and the Hauptmann is wearing Adjutant Insiginia, I can't imagine who else it would be. Deckert was an SS member (307 783), so if you want to find his SS officer file, it might have a photo of him to provide positive identification.

Deckert was a Schupo officer from the Prussian police; he was promoted to Hauptmann in 1934.

Comment

Thank you Joe!

I will try and locate another photo of Deckert to compare, but I too am fairly sure that it's Deckert in the BA photo.

It was Major Deckert who inadvertently advised Maurice Bavaud, in a Berchtesgaden cafe, to take a train to Munchen if he truly wanted to see the Fuehrer up-close and in person. Bavaud did indeed want to see Hitler, but his intention was to execute the Fuehrer during the Feldherrenhalle commemorative exercise on Nov. 9. His plot failed and he was arrested by the Gestapo in Nov. 1938 and beheaded in 1941.

Marcus

Comment

Amazing as always, Bob.

Just posting, upcoming Hermann Historica auction.

Kepi, 8786
                                Tunic, 8791

FHH2.jpg

FHH.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X