What's your opinion on this Armband?
    https://www.emedals.com/auctions/ger...ncer-s-armband
    Best
    Herz

My opinion: complete crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bmsmear View Post
      My opinion: complete crap.
      Is possible, but remind there was a wide range of armbands and such for sports.
      Have to check my information. I thought it was about 1938/1939.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
        Is possible, but remind there was a wide range of armbands and such for sports.
        Have to check my information. I thought it was about 1938/1939.
        No,no and no.Its a fale sports shirt emblem on a fake armband

Comment

Hopefully it will be okay to post a photo here.
          Erich
          Attached Files
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
            No,no and no.Its a fale sports shirt emblem on a fake armband
            I do not know or cannot see if this one is a fake, but the person who made it, must have known about the various sports-insignia to be worn with OSAF-order FO 2b 13704
            when for Reichswettkämpfe der SA and NS-Kampfspiele special sports-insignia were announced on July 1, 1939. The shown one looks as the "Armbinde für Fechter".
            The white stripe means to be worn by those from a SA-group with silver buttons. The larger symbol is in the middle, officially this should be the smaller version.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              I do not know or cannot see if this one is a fake, but the person who made it, must have known about the various sports-insignia to be worn with OSAF-order FO 2b 13704
              when for Reichswettkämpfe der SA and NS-Kampfspiele special sports-insignia were announced on July 1, 1939. The shown one looks as the "Armbinde für Fechter".
              The white stripe means to be worn by those from a SA-group with silver buttons. The larger symbol is in the middle, officially this should be the smaller version.
              That's why I like your posts a lot, Wilhelm, when I learned about you in the old HJ forum. Structured and researched answers. Doing a lot of research myself I was able to exclude or include fakes. "no, no, no" without any clear structured reason why this is a fake, doesn't help prove or disprove any authenticity. I've seen a lot of 'fake' material, that no-one knew about.. So it must be fake.. With clear research and veteran provenance, it was proven real.. There's a lot of material from the Flemish HJ (in my case what I learned back then) and other organisations, both political and paramilitary that still have undiscovered material especially material that was made hastily, late in the war or was only used temporary, made at a time for organisations that were than canceled or emerged into other groups etc. Heck, even material was made by the organisations or members that bear no 'provenance'. I recently grew into this area (political area) and both this and the paramilitary / youth organisations - I find - in regards to the military and its organisations, one of the most difficult to research and authenticate.
              Last edited by HouweTrouwe; 05-28-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
                That's why I like your posts a lot, Wilhelm, when I learned about you in the old HJ forum. Structured and researched answers. Doing a lot of research myself I was able to exclude or include fakes. "no, no, no" without any clear structured reason why this is a fake, doesn't help prove or disprove any authenticity. I've seen a lot of 'fake' material, that no-one knew about.. So it must be fake.. With clear research and veteran provenance, it was proven real.. There's a lot of material from the Flemish HJ (in my case what I learned back then) and other organisations, both political and paramilitary that still have undiscovered material especially material that was made hastily, late in the war or was only used temporary, made at a time for organisations that were than canceled or emerged into other groups etc. Heck, even material was made by the organisations or members that bear no 'provenance'. I recently grew into this area (political area) and both this and the paramilitary / youth organisations - I find - in regards to the military and its organisations, one of the most difficult to research and authenticate.
                Bedankt. It is good to hear from you. The new HJ-forum is one of the forums I visit. And at WAF. Not anymore at War relics as I am banned there. Opinions are asked, and then one is dissapointed when the answer is not as wanted or expected! There is not much expertise at WRF these days.

Comment

By the way (and not to hijack the thread), in the US "fair use" allows the reproduction of otherwise copyright work for non-commercial education, research or critique. Section 107 of the Copyright Act provides the legal framework for determining whether something is a fair use and identifies certain types of uses such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research, as examples of activities that may qualify as fair use.

Posting pictures from public websites (even with "do not reporoduce" or "copyright" notices) are likely OK.

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                  Hopefully it will be okay to post a photo here.
                  Erich

Comment

Maybe an informed collector out there could educate me on these supposed SA fencing sport armbands? I have seen many over the years (see attached photos), but except for the final two shown with the SA patch sewn onto a very narrow band (which would make sense given the temporary sporting occasion/match where this may have been worn), the others IMO are fantasy pieces to include the one that started this thread. I have never seen a period picture of an individual wearing such an armband nor read a regulation (maybe you could help with this one, Wim?) regarding the authorized wear of a specific "fencing" armband. Thanks, Chris (and Emedals who is auctioning this current SA fencing armband does a decent job filtering out any reproduction/fantasy armbands, but quite a few still slip through which can be expected in this hobby filled with countless fakes. What to me is so incredulous is some of the prices Emedals obtains not just for the reproduction/fantasy armbands, but for many of the more common German armbands like the NSDAP, Deutsche Wehrmacht, HJ, SA, NSRKB, etc. Who are these collectors with deep pockets and why pay so much when most of these armbands can be found for less than half those prices on any given day at multiple dealer websites?)
                    Attached Files

Comment

sa fencing insig

i have only seen one photo of the original insignia (on stahlgrun and orangegelb) pictured at the beginning of your post, being worn. I copied it it from a SA calender. I have it buried somewhere in my files.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X