No announcement yet.

Blood Order Medal Index/Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Kav, but I'm with the "Alte Kämpfers" here! As I said below, what would be most helpful to all in this hobby would be for you to organize a way for collectors to supplement a new list of the 2nd Issue Blood Order, with numbers together with the list of names. Patzwall has already provided the complete 1st Issue list, as well as the list of names of the recipients of the 2nd Issue, so what we NEED is the numbers from the decorations received by those recipients.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Sorry, Kav, but I'm with the "Alte Kämpfers" here! As I said below, what would be most helpful to all in this hobby would be for you to organize a way for collectors to supplement a new list of the 2nd Issue Blood Order, with numbers together with the list of names. Patzwall has already provided the complete 1st Issue list, as well as the list of names of the recipients of the 2nd Issue, so what we NEED is the numbers from the decorations received by those recipients.

Cheers,

Br. James
      My proposal includes the medal number – from 1 to 4000-6000, whichever upper limit is correct (I've seen both mentioned) – recipient name, date issued, and last recorded owner, but we can always tack on more fields if necessary. It should be a complete list up and down of all medals arranged by number in columns with summary information for each medal in its respective row.

Best,
      Kav

Comment

A list of the 2nd issue names to numbers would be a wonderful thing, but as I see it, it would be difficult to produce. As we know, unless a 2nd issue award is still grouped with its paperwork listing the matching number, it's almost impossible to link the number with a name.
        I would be surprised if at least one copy of the 2nd issue list isn't sitting, dust covered, possibly misfiled and undiscovered in an archive in the US, Germany, or Austria. While it's possible that a collector or historian somewhere has a copy, I doubt it for a number of reasons, most of which would be obvious to collectors here.
        A percentage of matches (name-number) could be made, most likely, by researching each name in the Patzwall book to discover whether or not connections to the NSDAP might be found, location of the individual, and then attempting to find a file on the person in hopes that one exists and might contain a BO number.
        It would be a lot of work and only worthwhile if one has connections, access to a likely archive, and a lot of luck.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Well stated, Erich! It's the main reason why the "AH Honorary GPB" has never held any interest for me. Even those dates that apparently only included two awards are 50/50 chances, at best...unless one has the provenance to back it up!

A very Blessed Memorial Day all 'round,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Kavalier View Post
            My proposal includes the medal number – from 1 to 4000-6000, whichever upper limit is correct (I've seen both mentioned) – recipient name, date issued, and last recorded owner, but we can always tack on more fields if necessary. It should be a complete list up and down of all medals arranged by number in columns with summary information for each medal in its respective row.

Best,
            Kav
            Kav,
            The number of Blutorden attributed is not exactly known yet but is in the range of 4150 to 4200.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X