Luft desk trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft desk trophy

Here is a nice Luft desk trophy that went at auction yesterday, I bid on it but it went for more than I wanted to be into it for. Here is a page from a period catalog with a similar piece. The base reminds me of HB pieces, posted this for the desk eagle guys on here.
    Regards,
    Michael H.
    Attached Files

Rectal stretch that was, if not broken already it has odds against making it in shipping are spotty. 700.00 statue for 2100.00. Corona virus strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
      Rectal stretch that was, if not broken already it has odds against making it in shipping are spotty. 700.00 statue for 2100.00. Corona virus strikes.
      It was / is a nice item... but I agree with you & IMHO at $700.00 it was too high.
      Regards,
      Michael H.

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
        It was / is a nice item... but I agree with you & IMHO at $700.00 it was too high.
        Regards,
        Michael H.
        Closed @ 2100.00 x 25%. $2700.00. Im guessing it might be broken and thus a $700.00 eagle. Some of the bidding there looked awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
          Closed @ 2100.00 x 25%. $2700.00. Im guessing it might be broken and thus a $700.00 eagle. Some of the bidding there looked awkward.
          Why do you think it could be broken, that is the only photo I could find of it & I can't see any damage (the line on the swas arm?)... but $2700.00 IMHO is a bit overboard and someone really wanted it. These desk pieces and the R/R, wall & tram eagles have increased in price in the last year or so to the point of being kinda silly. But things will go for what ever the traffic will bear and there are people who don't mind paying.... I see the mark on the swas that looks like it could be a crack, it looks more like a scratch than a crack.
          Michael H.
          Last edited by rlimike; 04-17-2020, 06:01 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
            Why do you think it could be broken, that is the only photo I could find of it & I can't see any damage (the line on the swas arm?)... but $2700.00 IMHO is a bit overboard and someone really wanted it. These desk pieces and the R/R, wall & tram eagles have increased in price in the last year or so to the point of being kinda silly. But things will go for what ever the traffic will bear and there are people who don't mind paying.... I see the mark on the swas that looks like it could be a crack, it looks more like a scratch than a crack.
            Michael H.
            Not really how they turn naturally and there are 3 of them and they sit right at the most vulnerable points for breakage. One photo of course and cant blow it up. Bird almost looks nickel in color. They break at the swaz generally, even when scratched the air does not really permeate like that. As far as price, its not a political bird.

Comment

Here is a nice Luft desk trophy that went at auction yesterday, I bid on it but it went for more than I wanted to be into it for. Here is a page from a period catalog with a similar piece. The base reminds me of HB pieces, posted this for the desk eagle guys on here.
              Regards,
              Michael H.
              Hi Michael,

You show the wrong catalog ('Rank and Fritz') - It is as you say an 'HB', I bought one similar years ago but as J.Wraith points out they break easy at the vulnerable point on the base mounting. Mine broke at the swaz during shipping and i had to get it repaired. As for the finish. these HB's are fairly early and heavy and well made so the nickel plating can get a nice patina....remember that this piece is also often seen as a wall plaque bird as well- ....

Cheers,
              Michael
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                Hi Michael,

You show the wrong catalog ('Rank and Fritz') - It is as you say an 'HB', I bought one similar years ago but as J.Wraith points out they break easy at the vulnerable point on the base mounting. Mine broke at the swaz during shipping and i had to get it repaired. As for the finish. these HB's are fairly early and heavy and well made so the nickel plating can get a nice patina....remember that this piece is also often seen as a wall plaque bird as well- ....

Cheers,
                Michael
                I see now what J.Wraith was trying to tell me about it breaking. They look to be fragile at the swas and as J.Wraith said it will more than likely break during shipping unless it is packaged very well.... the last 2 pieces I have purchased arrived broken (they weren't Luft pieces), and the one was packaged super well (and still was damaged), the other was packaged horribly.... lacking almost any padding at all. And the FedEx guys probably played soccer with them at the depot.
                Regards,
                Michael H.

Comment

Regards,
                  Michael H.
                  Hi Michael,

I note that a nice example of the Rank and Fritz catalog Luftwaffe desktop eagle you show in your first post also sold at auction a few weeks ago-....I wonder if you bought that one? - or if it made it to the buyers home safely in one piece- far more likely as a lot of the Rank & Fritz desk birds have a mounting pin behind the swaz holding the eagle to the base for support....

Cheers,
                  Michael
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

These are nice pieces, but the wingtips are very soft - made of aluminum and prone to bend. I own one, just the bird.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X