Opinions on this eagle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this eagle.

Hi to all,I am not expert on this kid ot insigna and ask your opinions and if it is an NSKK eagle.
    Thanks.
    Silvano.
    Attached Files

Salut Silvano

No expert but a weird one for me...As you say its derived from a 2nd pattern NSKK eagle (see attached eagle in aluminum) but without the "NSKK" bandeau and it was made that way

I know some NSKK cloth insignia was either modified or made without the bandeau for use by the Transport Group Speer late during the war so its not totally off the wall (fantasy). However one would expect to see a regular aluminum or zink NSKK eagle with the bandeau chopped off (like on cloth eagles) or a zink eagle made from a new die but in this case it was actually made this way (without the bandeau) and the metal/alloy looks to be of better quality than the originals I have seen (in aluminum or zink) so somewhat of an anachronism there (late bird, quality metal/finish) that doesnt give me a warm & fuzzy feeling about this bird

But, like I said, far from an expert so wait for someone who knows what the hell he is talking about to join in and see what they think

Best

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your help.
      Silvano.

Comment

Don't know either, but you can see where the mold was adjusted to compensate for the removed "NSKK" bandeau. The missing "side wall" holes on the top of each wing have been filled in, but not without trace.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Tony You are right,the eagle has been modified.
          Silvano.

Comment

I suspect it is a cast piece and a fake one. The thickness of the insignia is not uniform and there are some pitting marks on the top surface of the edges. The original pieces were stamped and horizontal lines one the reverse are present. In the suspect piece, these lines are vague.

Mil

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Militare I appreciate your comment.
              Silvano.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X