No announcement yet.

Need help with Org. Todt Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wool fabric looks good, not sure on the lining. Honestly I do not like the markings, and the overall shape seem wide. Also the machine applied insignia seems very blocky. I can not judge originality of the insignia. Maybe I am off but I would be cautious with this cap. I do not know of any reproductions per se, but they fake everything.

Comment

I have one too-probably a East European copy

I found an identical one to include same ink stamp (I think), blocky stitching around insignia, wool color, overall shape etc. Found in an antique shop in Western Europe that had a mix of fakes and originals. I suspect these are recent east euro copies with new old stock insignia. Similar to the Schiffchen/side caps made from wartime over coats or pants with original insignia and thread. Mine is in storage or I would post some comparison pics. Just my thoughts, and as you know, they fake everything. Regards

Comment

Not a one looker for me. Would leave it where it is.

Comment

I'm certainly not an expert on OT caps, but I would be more comfortable if the wool weren't serge and if the eagle pattern was the same as a Heer or KM eagle, but in white on OT brown. It would also help if the thread used to sew the eagle blended in better.

Just my opinions.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X