Opinions needed on Cloth Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed on Cloth Badge

I hnuineave come across this cloth badge and am unsure of what it is and if it is genuine. I would be grateful for any opinions.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Attached Files

A view of the rear.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is one of "those" patterns where there has been a lot of discussion surrounding where the line exists with repros and authentic examples. On this particular example, there are several traits that I do not like that include the odd/off backing that appears like the felt like material used with repros, the breakage in weave down the center of the breast and the wavy/bent/broken wings. This would not be one for my collection. But I have to ask, what's the color on the back side of the light colored base material?
      Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Those are some "spooky" looking wings. It would scare me away.

Comment

Thanks Dave and Tom. It is difficult with photographs, but the grey material is felt - like, whilst the black backing material is not, it is rather a kind of woven cotton. The colour on the back appears to be the remnants of some glue.
          Would any more photographs help?
          Thanks,
          Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter, I was just curious about what color appears on the back of the gray piece but I see a piece of it on the reverse image and it still looks gray...just like the front. So it doesn't appear to be a case of faded green like I've seen some on some that will appear gray on the front but retain there green appearance on the reverse since it wasn't in the sun.
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Thanks Dave, and apologies for the delay in answering. The back looks a similar colour to the front, but does appear to have a greenish hue to it.
              Thanks,
              Peter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X