Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badges of the deutsche Jägerschaft

Hello to all,

A collector parts from several badges of his collection. Among these are two badges of the deutsche Jägerschaft whose images are joined to this message. I wish to obtain your help to determine the authenticity of this type of badge. It would seem that there are copies of this type of badge. Thanking you in advance.

Cordial greetings.

Polux
    Attached Files

Hi Polux,

In deed there are copies floating around. In regards to your two examples posted, I first have to ask if the backing/base material is actually green or it it brownish like the photos? Not sure if it's just the photos but the backing should be a dark green or at least that's all I've ever seen.
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your message. I regrettably have only a single photocopy colour of a board presenting several badges. I isolated the two images above presented for the forum. The basic colour is well a dark green but I have not an image of the reverse.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

Hello to all,

I received the two badges for exam. You will find enclosed better images and increases. Awaiting for your comments.

Do not hesitate to present the badges of your collections. I did not find a lot of documentation to be able to make comparisons.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Badges n° 1
        Attached Files

Comment

Badge n° 1
          Attached Files

Comment

Badge n° 1 reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

Badge n° 2
              Attached Files

Comment

Badge n° 2 details
                Attached Files

Comment

Badge n° 2 reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Polux,

The color is much better! I have to say that I like that qualities and characteristics of the 2nd example posted a whole lot better than the first. That first examples looks a little too "fresh" and a lot like another that was questioned before as repro. If in fact it is repro, I'm not sure as I just don't watch these that close to have a finger on the pulse of repros. What also exists is a lot of variations with the these hand embroidered pieces.

Below is a photo of that example questioned as repro...you will see a lot of similar traits.
                    Attached Files
                    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your message. As you, I prefer the second badge but I do not have to find anything of negative for the first :

- UV negative in spite of the presence of numerous point of fixation in thread of white colour and of the blindfold supporting the letters DJ.

- Use of the same variety of various wires for the two badges.

The badge that you present present a lot of resemblance but also some differences, mainly at the level of the horns of the deer (finer horns on the badge n° 2, see images).

Some questions to end :

- Did you test your badge with UV ?

- Can you present an image of the reverse ?

- The most important question : Why do you indicate that is your badge a reproduction? Is it further to comparisons ?

Other collectors, readers of this forum, are in ownership of this type of badges ? If yes, can they present them badges to be able to make comparisons ? Beforehand thank you.

Cordial greetings.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by polux View Post
                        Hello Dave,

Some questions to end :

- Did you test your badge with UV ?

- Can you present an image of the reverse ?

- The most important question : Why do you indicate that is your badge a reproduction? Is it further to comparisons ?
                        Hi Polux, to answer some of your questions - I don't own the comparison example posted so I am unable to UV test and the reverse photo can be found in the below linked thread (page 4, postings #59 & 60 (reverse photo)). Hope that helps and I will post photos of my two examples a little later when I return home.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=234363&page=4

Comment

Before I forget again, here are a couple quick shots of the two I currently hold. The pictures really do these two no justice. They are both excellent examples in hand.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thank you to have presented these two magnificent badges

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X