BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diplomats Metal Cap Eagle Fake or Real??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful reproductions by murphs militaria. I have a silvered eagle and cokade example and is very convincent

Comment

Can you show photos of the back of the repros from Murph's? I'd be interested to see what they look like, hallmarks and such

Comment

My reproduction cap with the Eagle and cokade of Murphs militaria.
        Unfortunately I can not remove the badges to photograph the back but the back does not look like the original because it is solid and not hollow
        Attached Files

Comment

Guys, I was reading through this thread and I realized that there is a lot of controversy with these metal Diplomat visor eagles. Anyway, I would like to make a contribution to this thread, in hopes that it might help a bit.

Several years ago, a dear friend of mine who is in his late 70's now,
          showed me this diplomat eagle that he had obtained directly from the vet who had brought it back from the war, (He actually didn't even know what it was for). He obtained this eagle sometime in the early 1950's and had kept it all those years, until I came along. Being a young, new collector at the time, he gave the eagle to me so that it would go to a collection of someone from the younger generation, (and like I said, he was also a dear friend of mine).

Anyway, I just wanted to show the eagle here, so that it might be of some assistance in this thread. It has a strange method of attachment with some sort of loops, and as far as I can tell, it is unmarked.

Thanks!

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X