UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diplomats Metal Cap Eagle Fake or Real??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need to post pics of the eagle to make a determination.
    Dave

Comment

Diplo silber eagle close-ups:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint,

Any chance of removing the insignia and having a shot of the reverse?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
          Stonemint,

Any chance of removing the insignia and having a shot of the reverse?

Mil

Sorry, Mil, not mine, and I doubt the owner would want to risk breaking the prongs pulling it off. Hat is a Pekuro, though.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Do you know if it has the double prongs we see on the common repros?

Comment

Poor pic of the metal eagle in wear:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Dip. Metal M Marked Eagle

Just to post another marked variety that has been in my possession since 2003 from a collection amassed over 30 years ago for general discussion:
                Attached Files

Comment

Exact same pin configuration as mine...

RC

Comment

This one is M marked, not RZM.

Comment

I noted that Ron. Apparently we ‘know’ reproductions were made, at one point or another, with RZM logos so we ‘know’ that any civil eagle with the logo is “suspect”. Further, (apparently) we ‘know’ reproductions were made, at one point or another, with double prongs so anything with double prongs is “suspect”. Here’s a fake with an Assmann ‘A’ and a single pin configuration thus, by the logic held by some participants herein, we can conclude that we ‘know’ the reproductions were made, at one point or another, with a letter logo and single pin configurations so anything with single prongs and a letter marking is “suspect”.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This thread has been fun (and educational) let’s start a thread (after checking the delta catalog and other sources of reproductions) on all the known fake markings seen on the various RKs and other badges. We can disregard all empirical evidence to the contrary (such as the Mythbusting thread) and generalize a reference thread on the premise that everything marked as the fakers mark their products (single digits like ‘2’ or lazy 2s, or L numbers) is “suspect” and likely fake. Heck, I have some photos of fake RZM tags so perhaps a thread (hosted by ‘Military’) could be started claiming that because manufacturers have made fake RZM tags or photocopies of RZM tags that caps having RZM tags are “suspect” too.

On a serious note Ron, I see nothing wrong with your eagle. Rick

Comment

Does anyone else have an M marked piece? As we know, this manfacturer specialized in the larger form of metal cap and breast insignias.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                            Does anyone else have an M marked piece? As we know, this manfacturer specialized in the larger form of metal cap and breast insignias.

Ron, here is one that popped up on John T's site:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is another example of the thin-pronged eagle.
                              Credit: TR Eagles Blog
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Latest repros (no reverse pics)
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X