Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diplomats Metal Cap Eagle Fake or Real??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my eagle, quite different than those posted. Came directly to me out of the woodwork.
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Strange, my photos did not show up. I will try again. Here is my eagle came direct to me out of woodwork.

Much different than those posted.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very thick and very heavy eagle. Side view
        Attached Files

Comment

Detail to fletching and prong application
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Im afraid the eagle you showed is likely to be a cast copy.

Mil

Comment

Some updates - The visor was from a dealer's site.
              I cannot ascertain if the visor or the insignia are good.
              I'd like some opinions.

Thank you.
              Mil

Comment

Comment

Comment

closeup image

Comment

Note the very curved cross section profile that conforms closely to the visor itself.

Comment

Thanks Mil - I figured that, but strange thing is I have never seen this type of fake ever floating about. So, I threw in my "what the heck is this?" pile.

Comment

The hat is good--it came out of the Ed Stadnicki collection, and was in Halcomb's 1985 book on Diplo/G.O. uniforms. Don't know about the eagle--we need to see the reverse.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Shall we start a witch hunt?

I’m often a bit ‘slow’ but I ponder the general thesis of this thread wherein (generally) a piece of insignia is presented, in the present case a style of cap eagle (Eastern Peoples, General Government, Diplomatic) and, because documented evidence exists of copies being made & sold in the seventies at a number of venues (that show RZM markings on these civil insignia), the pieces shown are deemed, hands down, as junk.

Then, in another thread titled “Myth-Busting 101: RZM Marks on Civil Insignia” here: (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=437022) there's the discussion and acceptance of RZM marked civil insignia wherein it's demonstrated as being acceptable & righteous.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not desperately trying to prove my eagle is period. I bought it on Estand off an honorable member for a bit over a hundred bucks. I assure you my heart will not be broken if it’s no good nor will I face financial oblivion over the loss of a C-note, nor will I hunt down the seller to bust his chops. All that said, does anyone else, considering the subject matter of these two threads, when viewed together, see anything which causes one to scratch one’s head? Perhaps it’s just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                              Shall we start a witch hunt?

I’m often a bit ‘slow’ but I ponder the general thesis of this thread wherein (generally) a piece of insignia is presented, in the present case a style of cap eagle (Eastern Peoples, General Government, Diplomatic) and, because documented evidence exists of copies being made & sold in the seventies at a number of venues (that show RZM markings on these civil insignia), the pieces shown are deemed, hands down, as junk.

Then, in another thread titled “Myth-Busting 101: RZM Marks on Civil Insignia” here: (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=437022) there's the discussion and acceptance of RZM marked civil insignia wherein it's demonstrated as being acceptable & righteous.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not desperately trying to prove my eagle is period. I bought it on Estand off an honorable member for a bit over a hundred bucks. I assure you my heart will not be broken if it’s no good nor will I face financial oblivion over the loss of a C-note, nor will I hunt down the seller to bust his chops. All that said, does anyone else, considering the subject matter of these two threads, when viewed together, see anything which causes one to scratch one’s head? Perhaps it’s just me.

Rick--point taken. As I stated in the other thread, the presence of RZM markings on civil insignia is common. Regarding these metal diplo eagles with the 2 prongs, people seem to recall old Delta Intl. selling them. It does seem that the fletching is the same in the Stadnicki cap as on the old Delta Fakes, so maybe they were cast from originals--I simply don't know.
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is another NCO-level diplo by Pekuro that I almost bought. Hat looks good, and note it also has the same eagle. Once again, I don't know what the back of the eagle looks like:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X