Southern Cross sleeve shield police very rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Cross sleeve shield police very rare

Hi guys hope you are all well I’ve managed to get this very sought after sleeve shield Southern Cross hope you guys like it look forward to hearing from you regards
    Attached Files

The police example that I have, and others that I have seen have been silver not white. The example in the book is a reproduction. Of course I may be mistaken. JoeW has the original regulations, perhaps he can clarify.

In my opinion Your example may be a bund insignia.

W. Unland

Comment

Hello I really appreciate your help if I may ask what is a bund insignia

Comment

A good discussion on the topic and also follow the link within this linked thread.
        https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ew#post7670892
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hi Dave I appreciate your help so for me to understand since I could not see any pictures on the initial post is it my shield period made?

Comment

Originally posted by jlga View Post
            Hi Dave I appreciate your help so for me to understand since I could not see any pictures on the initial post is it my shield period made?
            There is also a link in post 11 that shows an example.
            Ralph.

Comment

Appreciate that Ralph have now looked at both of them and they look the same in construction am I right to say this?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlga View Post
                Appreciate that Ralph have now looked at both of them and they look the same in construction am I right to say this?
                IMO, no.
                I guess you did not read the other comments in this thread.
                Ralph.

Comment

Will return it to the seller once I receive is a nice guy and I will let him know as soon as possible regards

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post

IMO, no.
                    I guess you did not read the other comments in this thread.
                    Ralph.
                    hi Ralph appreciate your clarification as I said I will return it to the seller sorry mate I did not fully follow this thread

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland View Post
                      The police example that I have, and others that I have seen have been silver not white. The example in the book is a reproduction. Of course I may be mistaken. JoeW has the original regulations, perhaps he can clarify.

In my opinion Your example may be a bund insignia.

W. Unland
                      hello looking at your post I am going to hang onto it until Joe has a look at it and says his final word and maybe as you said it is a colonial bund

Meanwhile I have been doing some research and found I don’t know if original one that seems to fit the original regulations if I compare the back of my shield with that one which is official to me the construction of both is very similar in fact the more I look at mine the more I like it maybe I’m wrong
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jlga, as Wm Unland wrote, the Southern Cross design on white was used by the Reichs Kolonial Bund, not the police. I believe yours is original. I like the stitch lines from where it was attached. The one in the image shown on a police uniform sleeve may be an original RKB insignia, but itvis difficult to tell from a photo which may show color differences.

Comment

Great to hearing that Joe as far as I have read this organisation was dismantled in 1943 so there could be a chance that my shield is also war period if I may ask is my shield type rare to encounter?

Comment

Jlga, I really can't comment on the rarity, as I have not been looking for one nor collecting the RKB insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X