• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted wood Police plaque

Here is something I’ve never seen before

Comment

Wing span is slightly over 8”.

Comment

Anyone have an idea what its purpose was?

Comment

These two came together today from an “out of the woodwork“ lead that I have been working on since last year.

Comment

its nothing official so hard to say for wich purpose was made this polizei eagle ,but looks very cool ,maybe from Polizei station wall? who know

Comment

Hi can say I have never seen one like it before . I agree it looks very nice . Looks like it was taken off of something . Cliff

Comment

It is an attractive piece that would look good in a police display. The obverse is nicely done, perhaps screen printed. That said, painted cut of plywood seems more stage prop than period piece to me. The edges were really sloppily painted with much slop on the reverse. I can't see such a thing coming from a professional source for sale to police organizations. The design is exactly that of a cap eagle. The large stage insignia I have seen in period photos have been a much different design. Of course this is just my first impression. I am open to being convinced otherwise.

regards,
                W. Unland

Comment

The new improved forum won't let me edit. I wanted to say that the obverse seems screen printed to me, not hand painted.

Comment

It’s not hand painted that’s for sure but printed might be right.

Being theatrical is quite plausible. My thought is that it might have been on a sign or photo album.

It has three small holes down the center to attach it to something but the holes show no sign of use.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X