Generaloberst von Kleist Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generaloberst von Kleist Document

Here is an interesting, one-of-a-kind document that I would like to share with interested Forum members. I am assuming this to be a period original.

It is one that was specially-prepared for presentation to Generaloberst von Kleist by the officers, NCOs and engineers of Bridge Construction Batallion 560, to mark and show their appreciation and respect for his October 4, 1941 inspection visit of their work in building an emergency bridge over the Dnjepr River.

The document is entirely hand drawn and scripted, hand-signed and bears an official ink stamp of the "Br. Bautl. 560". It measures approximately 235mm x 290mm. (The scan does not show the hand-drawn border portion along the bottom).

If anyone is able to identify the name of the commanding officer who signed this document, I would appreciate knowing that.

Any other comments are also welcome.

Thanks and regards,
    John
    Attached Files

Obviously a cheap copy! And since I specialize in collecting cheap copies, please send it to me right away!

Sorry I cannot help any on the details, but that is one heckuva nice doc.
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi John,
      This is not a lot of help but the signature looks like "Wahl" to me.
      Regards,
      Dick

Comment

Thanks, Dick. Still looking for some/any further feedback on this bataillon and the Commanding officer, if any other forum members can assist. Regards, John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X