Schwartzkopf Signed Prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwartzkopf Signed Prints

I have a set of large size prints by Richard Schwartzkopf signed from the Day of German Art Display in Munich. Has anyone seen these before and does anyone know the value of such a set? These are wood cut block printed and measure approximately 12 inches by 16 inches. I have heard that they were part of the German House of Art Display in the middle 1930s and a set of postcards also exist. BTW they are NOT forsale.

Ron Weinand
    Weinand Militaria

These are part of a 7 card set. There are 6 cards with woodcut stylized scenes and 1 card with written text.

Ramon

Comment

Postcards

Do you have the set of postcards and what does the one written card say? I have never seen these cards and wondered when they were issued and if the written card tells about the prints.

Comment

Hi Ron,

Yes, I do have the set. I have taken the liberty of scanning the cards as they appear in a book I had contributed heavily to some years ago. Entitled, Philately of the Third Reich by Alf harper, now deceased, the book is a survey of the stamps and related material of Nazi Germany. Some of the cards I had posted in my propaganda thread appear in this book.

The 7th card is concerned with the sacrifice of the SA in its clashes with the Rote Front.

The cards bear the following captions.

Card 1 The Red Specter rages
        Card 2 Death stirs up the masses
        Card 3 The SA in battle with the Red plague
        Card 4 The SA surround by red Murderers
        Card 5 One of many
        Card 6 The triumph of the creed

Enjoy....
        Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Here are cards 4, 5, and 6
          Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X