Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Award Document Help Needed

Hi Everyone,

I'm giving this to my wife for Christmas along with a nice late-war #27 EK2. Can anyone identify or recognize the names on it? She would love itif I could tell her something about the history behind it.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Joe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First try to upload the pics directly here so they will be in the forum archives.

Appears that you have a nice EK II awarded for the fights in August 44 in the Falaise pocket where the 363 I.D. was destroyed.

Unfortunately I have no info about who signed it as it was an Oberst and signed it not being the commanding officer.

The 363 I.D. was reformed into 363 Volks Grenadier Division on September 17th, 1.944.

Your soldier served into the Headquarters of the Grenadier Regiment 959.

Hope this help you a little.

If more surfaced I will let you know.

Angel
    Last edited by Angel Farré; 12-18-2019, 11:45 PM.
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Angel is right on all. And, the recipient was likely one of the survivors (maybe wounded) as awards were rendered for the fighting over the previous weeks, once the remnants limped back to Germany.

Comment

I posted my attempt at the "Signatures ID" pinned site. And I'm just guessing here.
        Something like:
        • Schrega** ???
        • Scherga** ???
        • Schregau ???

[none of these get hits on Google search]

Pretty certain that first letter is a capital S, followed by "ch".

Hopefully the clues I'm leaving can jog a native-speaker's mind.

-- Guy

Comment

all has been already said - nice late war document. I remember seeing it somewhere for sale but encountered same problem with signature that I decided to pass.

Comment

Hello !

Could it be Oberst Freiherr von Gall ?
            He was Kdr. of Gren.Rgt. 957 (also 363. Inf.Div.) since Jan. 1944.

I also think that I have seen his signature on the forum, but a forum search didn't work for me ...

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Originally posted by Archi View Post
              Hello !

I also think that I have seen his signature on the forum, but a forum search didn't work for me ...

Best regards,

Archi
              I think that could well be it. Waldemar Freiherr von Gall won the DKiG in 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by Archi View Post
                Hello !

Best regards,

Archi

Hmmmm .... Now that you write that, it seems right. But ... what is the letter preceding the Fr.v.Gall?

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                  I think that could well be it. Waldemar Freiherr von Gall won the DKiG in 1943.
                  Is this the person you were referring to?

https://www.tracesofwar.com/persons/...demar.htm?c=aw

Thanks to everyone for your input. I just recently joined this forum to get some assistance with an EK2 that I bought for my wife. Everyone has been so helpful and I've enjoyed the research so much that I bought her a Mother's Cross too!

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
                    Hmmmm .... Now that you write that, it seems right. But ... what is the letter preceding the Fr.v.Gall?
                    It's FrhrvGall (the signature)

Best
                    H
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X