Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Award Docs from same Person 14. PD Stalingrad Survivor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Award Docs from same Person 14. PD Stalingrad Survivor ?

What do you think about this 3 Docs.....the PAB Silver - must write after survived Stalingrad ?
    All ok ?
    Attached Files

Here i got better pictures......The doc for Lapplandshild - i think its a fake......take a look to the Unit Stamp.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Why do you think that unit stamp is fake? Because it doesn't have a swastika?

Comment

The Lapplandschild document is fine. It was issued in July of 1945 so Wehrmacht carry-over items had the swastika removed (as is the case with the stamp in this example).

Comment

Can you decipher which Grenadier Regiment’s stamp is on the Lapplandschild document?

Thanks,
          Michael

Comment

Thanks for the comments.....about the Lappland Shield - its the Gren.Rgt. 917

Comment

Originally posted by Schuasta View Post
              Thanks for the comments.....about the Lappland Shield - its the Gren.Rgt. 917
              That’s what I thought, but supposedly they were destroyed in Toulon in August 1944. So I can’t explain why their stamp appears on a Sicherungs unit Lapplandschild document in 1945. Perhaps someone else can spot the link?

Regards,
              Michael

Comment

Yes ...so i think - this doc are not ok........stamp from a destroeyd unit.....The same i think at the PAB silver......it must written at the time - the 14 PD was destroyed in stalingrad....

Comment

The Lappland stamp should be Gren Rgt.517, but it does not match the examples i know of, if it does indeed show 917 then it's rubbish.

Lappland docs stamped with the Gren.Rgt.517 stamp are signed by it's commander Oberstleutnant Nacke, but he and his regiment weren't at Lillehammer, they were a bit further south at a small place called Starum. At Lillehammer the lagerberiech commander was oberstleutnant Schöpf , commander of GJR 218, but that is not his signature.

One thing i do like about the doc is the unit. Towards the end of the war the Germans created railway security battalions drawn from troops throughout Norway, due to the increasing number of sabotage actions by the resistance. The units were temporary and do not show up in published works.

What may be happening here is a bit of creative faking. The soldier may well have been sent to serve in Norway and ended up in this unit, however in order to boost the group someone has created the lappland doc based on examples seen published and ended up with a mix of the Lillehammer and Starum types of doc

Here's some examples of what i mean, a Lillehammer GJR 218 stamped doc with Schöpf signature, Gren.Rgt.517 stamped doc, and a doc from one of these guard units
                  Attached Files
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

This is a fake grouping. All three papers show the same handwriting.

Comment

Many Thanks for your help........yes - i think its complete a Fake Grouping !

Comment

Indeed and i bet there's a soldbuch and wehrpass out there to this soldier that was the basis for this bit of 'boosting'
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X