Recruiting Poster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiting Poster?

cAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A POINTER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS TO WHAT THIS POSTER IS WW1 OR WW2 AND WHAT IS IT SAYING? AND ARE THERE ANY GOOD REFERENCE SITES FOR WW2 POSTER ANYWHERE?
    CHEERS GUYS
    MAT
    Attached Files

I belive that slogan is "Help us win."

Be careful: I also believe that the Imperial War Museum did a very nice reprint of this image about 20 or 25 years ago. If this is one of those reprints, there should be an inscription on the margin that identifies the English printer - somewhere under the present frame...

Jim

Comment

Oh, I forgot: it's definitely WW I from 1917. Probably one of the most widely distributed German posters of that war...

Comment

Thanks mate
        ive taken it out the frame to double check but i bought this with three others from a flea market last year from a eldery guy and they were all genuine in my opinion no english printers marks on them!
        except for the winston churchill one and the other ww1 recruiting poster i have. the other TR one is entitled 'der sieg wird unser sein' that is original too i paid around £50.00!!!! not to bad!

Comment

Very nice....but it is not a recruitment poster...it is to get people to buy war bonds and yes, this one is for the 1917 issue of the warbonds. If you got it for £50, then that is of course very good... Cheers, Torsten (ebay id german.militaria).

Originally posted by Mat Holloway
          cAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A POINTER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS TO WHAT THIS POSTER IS WW1 OR WW2 AND WHAT IS IT SAYING? AND ARE THERE ANY GOOD REFERENCE SITES FOR WW2 POSTER ANYWHERE?
          CHEERS GUYS
          MAT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X