No announcement yet.

Pics of KC ceremoni in schw. Panzerjäger Abt 519

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great photo, Manuel! Only that he's the famous <b>Harry</b> Hoppe, the <i>Eichenlaubtr&auml;ger</i>, while I showed <b>Wolf-Horst</b> Hoppe.

6 <i>Hoppe</i>s won <i>Ritterkreuz</i>, is it rather a common name in Germany (related to beer)?, or that Hoppe family was destined to be a great warrior? (beer cannot be made without hop, war cannot be made without Hoppe? or just are they good at jumping like grasshoppers and quicker than their enemy?)

Comment

akira, you are right! I think I drunk too many beers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even so enjoy!!!!!!
      I will drink one in your honor and in all hoppe!!
      regards manuel
      this hoppe was also DK and was with the 126ID
      and when the photo was taken with the 278ID.

Comment

Oops, I give up the Bansen photo on ebay, it's outrageously expensive now. Amazing. It's not the first time that the particular photo comes up on ebay... It's not wartime signed... And you'll find one copy in federal archives (and of course J&uuml;rg has one)... Anyway, it's their money and not mine. If every photo sells like that, Manuel and I could make a huge money

Comment

Major Wolf-Horst Hoppe

Hello,

what is happend with Major Hoppe in late 1944?

Kressmann was for a short time the commander of the s. Pz.Jg.Abt. 519 until the new commander came.

Benic1519

Comment

DKiG-Träger Oblt.d.R. Strehler

Hello,

is there anybody who knows the date of birth from the DKiG-Träger Oblt.d.R. Strehler from s.Pz.Jg.Abt.519?
            Is he deceased?

Comment

HI searching & found your thread, I have recently found an ID tag for this unit, as pictured, the tag looks to have been dug up maybe.

Dont know much about the tag or unit myself but thought it may be of interest as same unit & one of this units fellow crew men - kamerads ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, but why Jürg pics is missing?

Comment

Good question! if you look at the posting dates you see the thread is 12 years old, up until a year or two back threads could be edited at any time and photos were often removed when a member quit or for other reasons rendering a thread useless!
                  This thread has many photos missing, removed by the poster for one reason or another.

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X