No announcement yet.

Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is one that I have posted on another thread but fits here as well...

Comment

Bill,

Not sure about this truck. Photo taken in France. The grille looks similar to ones found on Borgward trucks. I cannot read what is written on the grille. No numberplate. Numbers are written on the front bumper.

Larrister
      Attached Files

Comment

Last one for now.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos, guys:

I am just going to bed, but can give some quick if not specific Ids.

#54 is an Opel
          #55 is a Magirus Deutz
          #56 is a Henschel
          #57 I am not sure yet
          #58 First car on left is an Opel, first car on right I believe is an Adler. I will have to partition the photo and separate and blow it up to ID others.
          #59 I am not sure yet.
          #60 Again, I will have to partition the photo and look at separate sections.
          I do think one is a Ford passenger car somewhere in the middle.
          Cheers
          Bill

Comment

Hello Bill,

You have seen these photos before but some forum members may not have seen them so I have posted them in your thread. They show a civilian Bussing NAG tractor which was used by 1 I.D. possibly for towing vehicles.
            Attached Files

Comment

View from other side.
              Attached Files

Comment

We all need to live in the same time zone.

#61 is another Opel.
                #62, and I am guessing but I think it is a French Unic
                #63 is another Opel.
                Ta TA
                Bill

Comment

Hello Bill,

My apologies if I am keeping you up.

Larrister

Comment

thanks Bill for the ID. here is another for you. The big question for me is the panels on the windscreen. Are they some kind of additional electric defroster? I have only seen them on vehicles in the winter and have always been curious. Mike

Comment

Defroster

Hi Mike, yes the panels on the windscreen are electric defrosters.

On my Mercedes-Benz L3000 S SLG ( there is a article from this car on the Forum ) you see the defrosters behind the front window. Hans

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
                      thanks Bill for the ID. here is another for you. The big question for me is the panels on the windscreen. Are they some kind of additional electric defroster? I have only seen them on vehicles in the winter and have always been curious. Mike

Attached Files

Comment

Defroster

On this picture you have a better look on the defroster.
                        You see there is a switch on the bottomside, there are two positions for heating the wires which are horizontal behind the glasses. The rubber seals the defroster to the carwindow. The defrosters are mounted to vertical holders pushed between the inside rubbers of the front carwindow.
                        On the picture you can see that the above defroster wires are broken, I had to renew them and also the rubber had damage.
                        Also missing on the picture is the plug for 6 or 12 Volts that comes in the dashboard of the car.

Comment

defroster

On this photo you see a Mercedes Benz L 3000 S in the winter with a large defroster ( wenn this type is mounted , there is only one ).

Kind regards Hans
                          Attached Files

Comment

Defroster

This is a nice photo of a Mercedes-Benz in the winter with the large Defroster behind the front window.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Hans Rinsma; 05-16-2005, 04:41 AM. Reason: x

Comment

Defroster

On the photo the two Defrosters behind the window of a Mercedes-Benz 230 W153 Cabriolet
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Hans for the answer to my question... Never had seen theses before. I guess here in the lower 48 states it doesn't get cold enough for these. I am pretty familuar with accessories on US cars from the 40's thru 60's but had never seen them. Now I seen 6 volt razors and cigar vacume ashtarys...lol. Thanks again! Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X