No announcement yet.

Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan, is this from the 3rd Panzergrenadiers also? Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

And how about a bus?
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not know the make or model of your bus.

However, here is the same type of bus with almost the same numberplate as yours.

Both are IH = Provinz Pommern and the last two plate numbers are only five numbers apart. Both made in the same factory at the same time?

Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Regarding your car of the 21st that I could not ID.

A fellow member of the American Antique Automobile Club thinks it is a Citroen 6 of 1929-1932.

We have a theory that the car has been fitted with an accessory guard over the radiator mask. On this accessory the SIX has been mounted diagonally instead of horizontally on the original and the traditional Citroen "Hash Marks" have also been added in a stylized way instead of the normal two Vees.

That is as far as I have gotten.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
            FIAT Topolino 500 made in Italy
            SIMCA 5 made in France
            NSU-FIAT made in Germany
            Polski-FIAT 500 made in Poland

Larry
            Last edited by Larrister; 06-24-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

The tactical insignia of the 3rd Panzergrenadier Division is on the left fender.

Comment

Thanks all. Larry, how bizarre for these, so closely related, photos to still exist. I do not want to hijack or monopolise the thread, but I find it so informative, I just want to keep it alive.I am pretty sure that the second vehicle here is a Simca 8/ Fiat 508, but what of the others? The third vehicle has fairly elaborate "black-out" headlights, is it British?
                Thanks again, Kerry.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Nice photo!
                  From right to left:
                  Ford Commercial Car panel van. 1935 if wire wheels, 1936 if disc wheels.
                  Simca 5 most likely as I suspect the photo was taken in France/Belgium.
                  Hillman Minx staff car in my opinion. Common in British use early war.
                  Mercedes 170 Kubel.
                  Mercedes exact type unknown. Could be an ordinary 170V.

Cheers
                  Bill

Comment

Yes, the sign on the right mudguard(fender) is 3 PGD's.

Comment

I finally recognise a car, but I do love this image. A Steyr model 50 Baby, in SS service.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Very nice photo of a very rare vehicle.
                        Cheers
                        Bill

Comment

I think that this is a Ford Taunus? Not too common a car, but what is the significance of the aerial and the little panel that seems to have been cut in the bodywork (partly obscured by the start of my watermark)?
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is probably trivial and inconsquential, but here is the panel mentioned, Kerry.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Yes, a Taunus, pretty rare in military service.
                              For the moment, I do not know what the panel is for. It does not appear on any other photos of that model Taunus that I looked at over the last several minutes.
                              Bill

Comment

There seems to be an attachment point in each of the four corners of the panel.

To me this indicates that it is more likely to have been some kind of identification plate, rather than cut into the body. Since it is in such close proximity to the pennant, this plate might also have more to do with identifying the occupant of the car, rather than the identity of the car itself.

If it is attached rather than cut into the body, it also explains why this feature hasn't been seen on other Taunus of the same period.

The driver looks very much like he is standing at attention, ready to open the door for the owner or officer to whom this car has been assigned, to step in. This, the pennant and the plate, strongly suggest that this Taunus is being used as a staff car.

I am curious what kind of device is attached to the top of the fender above the headlight. Is it functional, or ornamental?
                                Last edited by randy@treadways; 08-16-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X