No announcement yet.

Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, that Morris is an PU 8 cwt instead. So it was a bonus photo.
    Here is a 15 cwt.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill Murray; 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks for the ID.

Here's some more from my collection.

First one is an Opel Kadett.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is one of my favorites! An Adler Kubelwagen. Very similar to the Hanomag Kubelwagen.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bill, testing your good knowledge of American makes and models. Had a good search for this car, found similar types but came up empty on this one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry:
            On ;your last, the car is an Opel Admiral and I believe the truck on the right is a Ford V8 51.
            Bill

Comment

Bill And Larrister.

One way to id Bedford and Morris Commercials from the side/back is the fuel tanks. Bedford have cleearly visible square fuel tanks, almost on the outside of the truck. While Morris Commercials have round fuel tanks closer to the frame and not so visible. On the left hand side (on MCC's), the tank is very often not visible due to a storage box..
              Just fast and quick reply.

Rolf

Comment

Thanks Rolf:
                Now, did I ID the vehicles correctly or not??
                Bill

Comment

Bill
                  The truck between the Mercedes'es VK170 is a Bedford.

Rolf

Comment

Hi Rolf:
                    Thanks from Larry and myself.
                    I see you have been bidding quite a lot on ebay.de and ebay.us.
                    Been getting anything interesting lately??

Comment

Bill

I am bidding on e-bay, but the photos seems to be a bit expensive for me.
                      I am not collecting photos as you know, I only want photos to be used in the magazine Mud & Snow I am editing. It would do fine with high res scans, but noone is selling such on e-bay...
                      And yes, I have got a few interessting photos. I do not need many, so I can go a bit higher on my bids for those I want. But as long as someone is willing to pay big money for small photos, I guess that is the value of them.
                      Luckily many of those bidding, do share them on internett afterwards. And they never say no, when I ask permision to use them in the magazine. They get a copy as payment. But someone is buying to "save them" for them selves, or selling them for book projects later. But hey, this is the free world :-)

Rolf

Comment

Thanks very much Rolf. I do a lot of bidding on Ebay. I win a few, lose a few. The prices I pay are creeping higher every week but I don't mind paying those prices for something nice.

If there is anything in my collection that you want to use just let me know.

Cheers
                        Larry

Comment

Hi Bill

This blurry pic shows what looks like a Austin K3 truck but it's only a guess. What do you think.

Cheers
                          Larry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry:
                            Based on one rather poor photo from one of Vandedrveen's books, I think you have the vehicle OK.

Type of wheel/tyre, cab,, grille and louvres on the bonnet etc. seem to go to your decision.
                            Regards
                            Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Larry

Comment

Hi Larry:

Regarding that strange bus we are chasing, I have nothing new but I think I can say with some conviction that the registration plate is Austrian so that should keep us going in the right direction.

Just to keep my photo posting hand in, here is an impressed German Ford bus.
                                Regards
                                Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 103 users online. 0 members and 103 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X