Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Himmler sign urkunde?

Hello.

I was just wondering if Himmler used to sign award documents for EK1, EK2, KC or other medals?

Thank you.

Originally posted by MrMiler View Post
    Hello.

I was just wondering if Himmler used to sign award documents for EK1, EK2, KC or other medals?

Thank you.
    Highly unlikely, as he wasn't really in a military position. I believe I've seen pix of his signature on promotion documents.

Best
    H
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Not the iron cross series as far as i can remember seeing but certainly the war merit cross.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Yes, Himmler signed Iron Cross and War Merit Cross documents are known.

In my collection i have the Iron Cross document of Egon Dalüge, which was sold here on WAF in 2006 and is pictured in the Forman document book.

Other documents of Egon Dalüge were presented on WAF in this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=332683

Sadly the pictures are gone but i saved them and attached them this thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

The answer is obviously yes. I believe most existing examples are late war, during the periods of his Army Group commands, but there are other earlier award documents for non-military decorations, but they are not common. As previously stated, his signature is common on promotion documents.
          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            Yes, Himmler signed Iron Cross and War Merit Cross documents are known.

In my collection i have the Iron Cross document of Egon Dalüge, which was sold here on WAF in 2006 and is pictured in the Forman document book.

Other documents of Egon Dalüge were presented on WAF in this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=332683

Sadly the pictures are gone but i saved them and attached them this thread.
            Thank your your post. This was very interesting to see!

I will guess EK award documents signed by him are very rare and very expensive (?). I could only find civil promotion documents and such signed by him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X