Unknown crashed plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown crashed plane

Its a long shot, but maybe someone recognizes this shot down plane or has a guess on the country of origin? I added the same picture upside down as well.
    Attached Files
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Henschel Hs 126

Comment

It looks pretty close to a Henschel 126
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi,

Admiraal, thanks for posting this interesting picture !

Do you may have more infos on the crash ? maybe writing on the back of the picture, or its origin from a photo album ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Thanks guys!
          It looks to be a Henschel Hs 126.

@Vince, this picture came with a 1942 Zweitschrift-Wehrpass from the soldier on the left in the photo. Unfortunately nothing is written on the back.
          Because its a Zweitschrift issue WP they did not fully enter his pre 1941 service. See attached image for his unit page. FPN11905 belonged to 5. Feldlazarett Armee-Sanitäts-Abteilung 582 (re-named to 5. Feldlazarett 582). Feldlazarett 582 saw action in Poland 1939 and Westfront 1940. I was hoping this plane might give me some clues. But it could have been taken everywhere. His EKM was San.Ers.Abt. 6.

This soldier was probably a bad boy, he served in three bewährungseinheiten and on the Volksbund website his rank is shown as "soldat". The Wehrpass does not mention any promotions. He did earn some medals while with the bewährungseinheiten though.

By the way, can someone explain me what a "Verfügungskompanie" is ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Admiraal; 06-08-2019, 01:10 PM.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Here is another picture.
            The soldier is on the left, wearing his Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen (Westwall medal).
            It was issued by Infanterie-Regiment 125 in 1939. He was in the RAD around this time as well, therefore i'm not sure if he actually was in IR125 as soldier or as RAD member attached to this Regiment ?

To make it more confusing, on this picture he appears to have white waffenfarbe.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the additional infos.

I forwarded the picture to my contacts at the Eagles Over Europe project, to know if a similar crash picture may be in their archives.
              I will keep you informed if they may find additional infos on the crash.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                Hi,

thanks for the additional infos.

I forwarded the picture to my contacts at the Eagles Over Europe project, to know if a similar crash picture may be in their archives.
                I will keep you informed if they may find additional infos on the crash.

See You

Vince
                Any luck?

Comment

Hi,

i will send again the message to Harry, Peter and co about this crash.
                  They unfortunately didn't reply yet...

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

unfortunately the photo gives no details to be useful for identification. I think I can see a thin yellow fuselage band close to the tail-plane. Could you enlarge this fragment? If I would be correct - the photo will be taken in Russia so far beyond timeframe of EOE.

Regards

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by szorob View Post
                      Hi,

unfortunately the photo gives no details to be useful for identification. I think I can see a thin yellow fuselage band close to the tail-plane. Could you enlarge this fragment? If I would be correct - the photo will be taken in Russia so far beyond timeframe of EOE.

Regards

Robert
                      Hello Robert,
                      Thanks for the help. Do you mean this part of the photo?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a classic 'Ground Loop' hence they do not make tail draggers any more especaillyt those witha 'Parasol wing'

Comment

Hi,

yes this part of the photo. But I see only German cross. So anything could be told basing on this photo. Sorry. Unless we will find other photos of this mishap.

Regards

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X