Nurnberg Trial POW Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurnberg Trial POW Question

Could anyone please tell me if the correspondence of a prisoner held at the Nurnberg trials would have any collecting value? I found it in a house clearing business in Germany about 45 years ago and it is still in the original folder he put it in. Most of it is between him and his wife. Many of the POW letters were typed and others handwritten along with being censored while at Nurnberg. From the letters he mentions having served during the war in the RSHA, and also as a pre-war member in the Allgemeine SS. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Edward; 05-25-2019, 03:04 PM.

Yes - pricing all depends on the content and identity of the person, I'd say.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Thanks Scotty. Agree. That would seem to be the logical way to value these types of documents. There was one on-line dealer some years back who had a couple of POW letter's from someone also at the Nurnberg Trials. Cannot remember what they were asking for them now though, but don't believe it was anyone well known. The guy in the folder was not a well known personality either. He is mentioned though in the official series of books on the Nurnberg Trials. His testimony was used concerning those with Allg. SS backgrounds who were involuntarily drafted during wartime to serve in the various Amt's of the RSHA.

Comment

Can I ask who it is please? I'd be interested if it's anyone who worked for the RuSHA.
        Thanks,
        Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X