Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH - Heinrich Hoffmann Book 1939

Greetings,
    I searched the Photos and Paper Items Forum on Hoffmann's name and didn't find a book like this. Are Hoffmann picture books like this one (Das Antlitz Des Fuhrers) fairly common?
    Thanks for any assistance. - d.

Hi Daniel,

there´s a whole bunch of Hoffmann books out there - most of them are very common. Like this one - Antlitz des Führers.
    To name some other common ones:
    Hitler in seinen Bergen
    Hitler - Abseits vom Alltag
    Hitler - Wie ihn keiner kennt
    Hitler in Polen
    Mit Hitler im Westen
    Jugend um Hitler
    But there are also some rather scarce ones such as:
    Das braune Heer - Leben, Kampf und Sieg der SA und SS
    Der Triumph des Willens - Kampf und Àufstieg Adolf Hitlers
    Hitler über Deutschland
    Me 109 - der siegreiche deutsche Jäger

plus all the Hoffmann picture books concerning the party rally in Nuremberg.

Cheers,

Ustufvorwaerts
    silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

I would not say that they are very common...I agree with the list as given below and I agree with the list of the ones classified as scarce, but the others, although not exactly scarce, are not that common either...I regularly find them and offer them for sale, but you try and find them for sale anywhere else right now...I think I have 3 or 4 in stock at the moment, but I don't always have some in stock...btw, these same books were also issued as miniature books by the WHW...seen also thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=97311 Cheers, Torsten (ebay id german.militaria)...

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
      Hi Daniel,

there´s a whole bunch of Hoffmann books out there - most of them are very common. Like this one - Antlitz des Führers.
      To name some other common ones:
      Hitler in seinen Bergen
      Hitler - Abseits vom Alltag
      Hitler - Wie ihn keiner kennt
      Hitler in Polen
      Mit Hitler im Westen
      Jugend um Hitler
      Der Triumph des Willens - Kampf und Àufstieg Adolf Hitlers
      Hitler über Deutschland
      Me 109 - der siegreiche deutsche Jäger

plus all the Hoffmann picture books concerning the party rally in Nuremberg.

Cheers,

Ustufvorwaerts

Comment

Hallo Torsten,

I think you have mis-characterized some of the publications listed above by saying that the small format WHW booklets are the same as the regular Hoffmann series. This is clearly not the case. They may share some illustrations but the larger format volumes have many more photographs and are not comparable in value, numbers extant, or desireability.

Ramon

Comment

Ramon, yes of course they are not the same and I did not want to create the impression, that they were the same...they are not...the miniature versions contain less then 10% of the photos that are within the larger books. I was just pointing out that there are miniature versions of the larger Hoffmann books, which were also published by Hoffmann, but through the WHW. The miniature versions have the same titles as the large ones and some of the miniature ones were also issued in more than one volume. They are low cost cut down versions of the larger ones which were given by the WHW as receipts for donations. Most of the titles of the larger versions were issued in miniature, but not all and there were also quite a number of additional titles in miniature, that were not available as the large version (as far as I know.. ) Below is an example of such a miniature book. I just thought that it might have been of interest to Daniel, who asked the original question, that there are other versions of these publications. Hope this clarifies my pevious statement..?.. Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by ramon
          Hallo Torsten,

I think you have mis-characterized some of the publications listed above by saying that the small format WHW booklets are the same as the regular Hoffmann series. This is clearly not the case. They may share some illustrations but the larger format volumes have many more photographs and are not comparable in value, numbers extant, or desireability.

Ramon
          Attached Files
          Last edited by torstenbel; 04-21-2005, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
            Cheers,

Ustufvorwaerts
            Hi Guys, I just got Das braune Heer and am very pleased with it...below is the cover of the book and if anyone would like to see more pics from the photos that are inside the book, then please just let me know...Cheers, Torsten.
            Attached Files

Comment

The ones that Peter lists as common along with Hitler in Seiner Heimat and Hitler befreit das Sudetenland are actually relatively common and can usually be found without great difficulty in the $35-$70 range. I could supply virtually all of those titles in a matter of a few weeks for probably less than $70 each. It may take some looking, but they can be located if you dig deep enough at a price that won't break someone.
              Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X