Reuniting Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reuniting Documents

I bought the documents shown off E-Stand a couple of weeks ago. The seller was selling them individually, and honestly I can't stand seeing sets broken up like that, so even though I haven't bought anything since November I made a deal and picked up all four.

In doing research on the pilot, I found out that not only did he receive the DKiG in January, 1945, but he was also an Ehrenpokal recipient.

His Ehrenpokal is for sale here:

https://militarycollectiblesinc.com/...nt-horst-lohe/

I considered working with the seller to buy the Ehrenpokal/Award Document, but decided it was out of my price range.

So I contacted him and we negotiated the sale of the documents I have, so that all these items can be reunited.

It probably doesn't mean much to some people, but even if I break even on the deal, I like the fact that I helped bring at least a part of this pilot's estate back together, which obviously had been broken up some time ago.
    Attached Files

I like keeping groups together. Three times I have sold something I have to complete another persons grouping here on WAF. Bidding on broken up groups can be very costly.
    Jeff

Comment

Good on you. I too find breaking up groupings reprehensible.
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Well done! I hate finding I have bought an item on eBay that turns out to be part of a grouping. I then end up paying over the odds to win all subsequent auctions to keep the group together... I recently shipped a large carton of documents back to Germany to allow someone with a closer link to a unit complete his collection. I made a loss, but it kept a group together.

Michael

Comment

Good job Wiking44.

In my opinion a persons history gets destroyed when groupings are being split up. If i have the chanece i will to try to keep stuf together.

greetings Rik
          I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

Always looking for documents from the 126. Infanterie-Division.

Comment

Hi guys,

I always strive to keep an individuals or family grouping together, otherwise (at least in my opinion) history is compromised or taken out of context.
            Unfortunately, many (if not all) professional dealers regularly break up groups as a matter of course and one has to trawl a dealers website to reunite items from the same person as they are frequently listed seperately.
            I collect mostly paper documents, and have many times reconnected several documents to a single individual and reunited them into a group.
            I believe dealers should realise that splitting groups is not in their best interests, especially with documents; as the more they have the more they are worth.
            Maybe one day the message will get through?

Best wishes,

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X