No announcement yet.

Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a little project I have just finished of a pic I posted in the "Belguim 1940" thread.

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
      very nice larrister
      Thankyou.

Comment

here've been working on over the last few days. Somebody mentioned one Iris looks bigger than the other. But it#s not, they are the same size, and one eye is more closed, giving the illusion of a smaller iris.

The original was really dark, and made it a fun picture to work on...a quick adjustment in Curves+ brought out the hidden details on my dim monitor.

Here's the coloured version

and the black and white

Comment

my shot
          Attached Files

Comment

Great colorizations Guys. Good to see people giving it a go.

Here is another from me.

Cheers
            Larry
            Attached Files

Comment

larrister, do you use the following

photoshop, duplicate the layer, make a new layer underneath it and start colouring?
              i do but im curious in other options

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post
                larrister, do you use the following

photoshop, duplicate the layer, make a new layer underneath it and start colouring?
                i do but im curious in other options
                Hi

I did a small tutorial back in post #360 on how I color my photos.
                Hope this helps.

Regards
                Larry

Comment

trying to get back into colorizing. Started to get good then computer crashed and I lost photoshop... I am now trying using Gimp.

Comment

I recently started recoloring photos using Recolored, and would like to share my Erich Hoepner images with you guys:

I used the Bundesarchiv 1937 photo as a source. I have no idea whether I got the medals section right (I only needed the top half), but the image came out looking this good that I felt it to be a shame to do only half of it. And to think I only need it for my modified Hearts of Iron 3 image (a Paradox Interactive strategy game), which ended up like this:

Comment

Looks pretty good! Especially for such a small gaming avatar. One thing about the ribbon, the first ribbon would be black, not read since the red portion of the EK ribbon was not introduced until 1939.

Cheers!
                      -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Core_Hagar View Post
                        I recently started recoloring photos using Recolored, and would like to share my Erich Hoepner images with you guys:

I used the Bundesarchiv 1937 photo as a source. I have no idea whether I got the medals section right (I only needed the top half), but the image came out looking this good that I felt it to be a shame to do only half of it. And to think I only need it for my modified Hearts of Iron 3 image (a Paradox Interactive strategy game), which ended up like this:

Hi,
                        I'm part of GIP (Graphics Improvement Project) for Hearts of Iron, maybe do you know our work. We are trying to replace all black and white pictures with color or recolored ones.
                        Here is my recolored version of Erich Hoepner

And here some examples of pictures I have colorized:

-General der Flieger Hellmuth Bieneck

-Generalleutnant Friedrich-Carl Cranz

-Generaloberst Alfred Keller

-General der Flieger Hellmuth Volkmann

I have colorized more than 1200 leaders and ministers

Comment

Have You Colourized Erwin Rommel?

If so I'd Love to see.

Comment

Originally posted by duchamp View Post
                            Hi,
                            I'm part of GIP (Graphics Improvement Project) for Hearts of Iron, maybe do you know our work. We are trying to replace all black and white pictures with color or recolored ones.
                            There's more than that to be honest... GIP and CORE already have a coop deal about sharing their graphics... Anyway, I'm going over the German minister images of the game now that Hearts of Iron 3 is out, and try to improve them if possible. Sometimes GIP imagery turns out to be better than my feeble attempts, sometimes my rework seems to be an improvement. So I'm familiar with both GIP as well as your contribution. But I prefer my generals in full uniform, with their hats on if possible.

Originally posted by Panzerarmee Afr
                            Have You Colourized Erwin Rommel?

If so I'd Love to see.
                            No I have not, as there are plenty of colored images of him about already. If possible we're using the real thing rather than a recolored version. If you have any favorite B&W images of him that might warrant recoloring I'm game though. Mind you, not all images look as smashing as little Erich turned out to be.
                            Last edited by Core_Hagar; 08-30-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Hi all not posted for a while, here's a quickie

Theodor Scherer

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2...cherercopy.jpg

regards

Alex

Comment

Found this old one which I colored a couple of years ago.

Cheers
                                Larry
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 105 users online. 0 members and 105 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X