Odd photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd photo

This is a nice photo study but the fellow looks like he came from the Beauty Salon .....
    Cheers Steve

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1003112

lol. I've seen the same hairstyle but more dramatic worn by soldiers. If he survived the war he may of looked back at this photo and said "Oh god..." just like my generation who lived as youth in the 70's and 80's.

Comment

You're so right...and the 1960s were just as wild!!

This photo looks like the subject quickly removed his Luftwaffe service cap and the photographer didn't bother to tell him to comb his hair...that he looked ridiculous! Perhaps this was a hectic day when a lot of service personnel came in for their portraits, all at the same time?

What a hoot!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        You're so right...and the 1960s were just as wild!!
        This photo looks like the subject quickly removed his Luftwaffe service cap and the photographer didn't bother to tell him to comb his hair...that he looked ridiculous! Perhaps this was a hectic day when a lot of service personnel came in for their portraits, all at the same time? What a hoot! Br. James
        Nothing strange. It was fashion to wear the hair like that. I do have photos from relatives that do wear their hair as the guy with the photo does. Photo is about 1946.

Comment

Hello !

Very interesting photo !

It immediatly reminded me on one I found in a Wehrpass (see below) ...
          Not sure what style it is.
          At least I thought : very modern !

Best regards,

Archi

P.S.: Interesting info by Wilhelm Saris ! I didn't know that, thanks .
          Attached Files

Comment

"I do have photos from relatives that do wear their hair as the guy with the photo does. Photo is about 1946."

Hi Wim,

I'm not sure what your comment is referring to -- "Photo is about 1946" -- you can't be saying that the portrait of the LW NCO in uniform linked to note #1 below was taken post-war...?? And while it's certainly possible that civilian portrait photos such as the one shown by Archi in note #5 were taken when the subjects were civilians, it's hard for me to believe that the military would permit such hair styles in uniform! But perhaps that's just me...!

Br. James

Comment

Hi,

i'm reposting the original picture which started the discussion.

See You

Vince
              Attached Files

Comment

Reminds me ao Micky Rooney cut.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X