Waffen SS Recruitment poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS Recruitment poster

Hello - I just was able to purchase this from a collector. It is a H'o'ch Recruitment poster used after France was occupied. It was originally purchased from a dealer in Europe after they found the stash of them. The main soldier is a danish volunteer by the name of Peter Kopen and the 3 at the bottom were from the SS Freiwilligen during the assault on Leningrad. This one is unfolded and has been framed. Any thoughts are welcome. Just wanted to share since you don't see this one often.
    Attached Files

Hi,

i made dozen of topics on this model and its various fakes and variations on the SS subforum.

The soldiers in the trench are Flemish volunteers from the SS-Freiwilligen Legion "Flandern".

Lots of this blank SS poster were found in various locations around Europe.
    A prototype (bigger with a larger orange stripe) is shown in a picture at the Ersatzkommando Frenkreich der Waffen-SS headquarters, and a local similar larger model was made for the Nancy area (both pictures included).

But to date i was unable to find a period picture with the usual blank H'O'CH poster in use.

Since half a dozen of years, its value is around 300 euros in mint unused condition.

See You

Vince
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Great info Vince. Thank you. I had not seen your other posts. I will have to go look them up.

Comment

The most common of all the Waffen SS posters around, even more so since the stash that was found a few years back as has already been mentioned.

It was the first poster I ever purchased....

I see probably 4-5 for sale each year, sometimes more.

Here is one of the several threads that Vince was speaking of....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=788804&page=3

Last edited by Max Wünsche; 04-07-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Hi,

it seemed that various lots were found unused, or was it a single lot ?

See You

Vince

Comment

I only know of the one group that was discovered, although one thing is for sure is that they are not rare.

It is an easy to fake poster and the thread you did on these a few years back should be revived....

I don't think this was the original thread although it still has your great analysis...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=HOCH

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
            Hi,

it seemed that various lots were found unused, or was it a single lot ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X