Photo of AH...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo of AH...

My brother in law, who is German and resides there, sent me this photo. He found it in the attic of a place he was working. It was in a satchel like briefcase with other items related to WWII. Dimensions are about 9" X 11 3/4". It is Black and white. Is there any way that I can tell if it is an authentic photo from the WWII era?
    Last edited by Marvin; 04-18-2005, 12:12 AM. Reason: upload photo

Hello Marvin
    I think a scan of the backside could be useful if you want to know if it's wartime.

Comment

Hi Marvin, yes a pic of the reverse and an overall shot of the photo would help, showing the margins and edges of the photo...also, what type of paper is it printed on and what does the paper feel like...is it marked anywhere?...etc..Cheers, Torsten. (ebay id german.militaria).

Originally posted by Tim De Craene
      Hello Marvin
      I think a scan of the backside could be useful if you want to know if it's wartime.

Comment

Okay, I'll take a pic of the pic and backside. There are no borders on the picture. I will try to get this posted tonight or tomorrow. Thanks! Marvin

Originally posted by torstenbel
        Hi Marvin, yes a pic of the reverse and an overall shot of the photo would help, showing the margins and edges of the photo...also, what type of paper is it printed on and what does the paper feel like...is it marked anywhere?...etc..Cheers, Torsten. (ebay id german.militaria).

Comment

okay, here goes

Originally posted by Marvin
          Okay, I'll take a pic of the pic and backside. There are no borders on the picture. I will try to get this posted tonight or tomorrow. Thanks! Marvin
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

backside #1
              Attached Files

Comment

backside #2 I hope these help. Marvin
                Attached Files

Comment

There are no markings on the photo that I can locate. Thanks for any input. Marvin

Comment

Marvin, sorry but as far as I am concerned, just from the pics posted here there is no way of telling what this photo is or whether it is genuine pre-1945 or not... no photographer stamps or similar on it, so whatever it turns out to be, it will not be very valuable...again, sorry....Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by Marvin
                    There are no markings on the photo that I can locate. Thanks for any input. Marvin

Comment

Marvin, there were tons of photos that were produced like posters for consumption by the masses. I have a large poster size picture of Adolf that hung in my grandfather's bakery. Every established place of business would have been almost manditorily required to have some kind of image of the Führer in their shop. It could very well be a picture produced for this very purpose.
                      Richard V

Comment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input. I agree with Richard it very well could have been mass produced, but with nothing to identify it there is no telling whether it is pre or post 1945 as statedby torstenbel.

Thanks again! Marvin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X