No announcement yet.

SA Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting images for sure, thanks for posting.

Comment

That's a very cool album, thanks for posting. It's not my area of collecting but there are some great images there, the last image on post 8 is a standout shot in my view.

Comment

Hi

Nice album!
        The man standing with the two DJ members in the car in image 9 is Dr. Robert Ley, head of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront (DAF) who was the first Nazi war criminal to commit suicide after being sentenced at the Nuremberg War Crimes trials.
        Several NSBO flags visible in these pics which enhance the workers front connection, very nice album, many thanks for showing,

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Thanks.
          On the 9th and 13th photo Julius Streicher executed on October 16, 1946 in Nuremberg) - member of NSDAP, in 1925-1940 Gauleiter Frankonii, Obergruppenfuehrer SA, organizer of pogroms and boycotts of Jews and editor, and then publisher of the German magazine leading the campaign for Jews - "Der Stürmer ", Which was an important part of the Nazi propaganda machine.
          I wonder who was the owner of the album?

Comment

IMO not Streicher. There is a photo of von Tschammer und Osten near the photos with the ersatz Streicher.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

In my opinion most of the photos are from anyway 1934 and most of them are related to meetings of the Nat.Soz. Betriebszellen-Organisation.
              The kepi still is being worn as for political leaders with some of the photos. Some dates are visible with the one or the other photograph (1934
              and 1935).
              A few photos are from a later date as they do show the wearing of the uniform for Werkscharen (incl. field-cap, introduced early 1936).

Ley (with post 10) is wearing the collar-patches for Reichsleiter, as introduced in 1934; the two lads do not yet wear the one shoulder-strap
              as introduced in 1936.

Great album and of much, much interest as some are anyway taken at early courses! Thanks for showing this quality timeframe album.
              Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 03-26-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Post #3, second photo (large group photo): Man at center foreground in civilian attire with moustache is Gauleiter Josef Wagner.

~ Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X