Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon Degrelle Autograph on eMedals

https://www.emedals.com/a-wartime-da...-leon-degrelle

What are your thoughts on this? The signature itself looks good, but in almost all other examples, Degrelle dated anything he signed (12/IX/1980 format).

Hi,

the rank signed by Degrelle is Standartenführer... Which is the last (official) rank of Degrelle awarded on April 20, 1945, which imply that this is at best a post-war signed paper.

A collection of high-ranking SS officers autographs was proposed for sale in Germany last year, this Degrelle page was probably not taken from this collection, but it has similar caracteristics (glued texts taken from publications). Some of the autographs seemed to be quite impossible to have been made during the war as many officers were KIA before the end of the war.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
      Hi,

the rank signed by Degrelle is Standartenführer... Which is the last (official) rank of Degrelle awarded on April 20, 1945, which imply that this is at best a post-war signed paper.

A collection of high-ranking SS officers autographs was proposed for sale in Germany last year, this Degrelle page was probably not taken from this collection, but it has similar caracteristics (glued texts taken from publications). Some of the autographs seemed to be quite impossible to have been made during the war as many officers were KIA before the end of the war.

See You

Vince
      Hi Vince, yes I suspected it wasn’t wartime. I know Degrelle was a bit of a blowhard and self-aggrandizer and there are many photos and documents out there that he signed for friends and inquirers right up until his death in 1994. I’m just wary of something that, on one hand, is pasted together, and on the other, doesn’t follow the format of confirmed examples of Degrelle’s signatures.

Comment

Hi,

i think that the autograph may be legit, it has the caracteristics of other similar signatures.
        But the problem is that some idiot bought it for 3 to 4 times the value...

I'm posting the pictures of the auction for the WAF archives.

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
          Hi,

See You

Vince
          No the rank signed by Degrelle is Sturmbannführer.

/ Daniel J

Comment

Hi,

you are correct, Sturmbannführer.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X