Batch 1 Pilot sigs + red baron copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch 1 Pilot sigs + red baron copy?

Ok, the envelope I believe is fine, which has Wilhelm groos, Hans- George von der Osten, Alois Heldmann, Karl Bodenshatz and Carl-August Von Schroenebock.

I also think the following are fine:
    Erich Rudorffer
    Bernard Jope
    Herman Graf
    Gunther Radusch

The photo of the four pilots I think is good but I can only identify Bernhard Jope shaking hitlers hand, so some help with the others would be appreciated.

The final picture is of the red baron.
    I understand this image is common and was reproduced and copied a million times.
    I'm assuming its no good and a good copy of an existing good signature. I've looked at it in all types of light and it just doesn't seem to have the "depth" in the signature not too mention its shiny as hell for a 100 year old picture. Maybe I'm way off but it looks just like a sharpie and I'm not sure a similar writing instrument even existed back then. I'm sure someone has some background on this exact photo relating to time of death and such, I've just read contradicting things about this sanke "picture".

I've got another batch of pictures after this for your input as well.
    As always, your help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

jope, Graf, Radusch and rudorffer
    Attached Files

Comment

4 pilots + red baron
      Attached Files

Comment

I like everything except the Richthofen. The four guys with AH are Kurt Buehligen, Hans-Joachim Jabs, Bernhard Jope and Hans-Georg Baetcher. Let me know if you want to trade the FDC with Jasta 11 pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
          I like everything except the Richthofen. The four guys with AH are Kurt Buehligen, Hans-Joachim Jabs, Bernhard Jope and Hans-Georg Baetcher. Let me know if you want to trade the FDC with Jasta 11 pilots.
          Thanks Vince!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X