Werfer with a 1 Panzer Division touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werfer with a 1 Panzer Division touch

Werfer units are always tricky to research as they were attached to Divisions or higher echelon units so I am so happy to find this small group of one who was attached to my beloved 1 Panzer Division.

Gefreiter, later Unteroffizier Alfred Habermaier serving with 5./Nebelwerfer Regiment 51.

Iron Cross 2nd class awarded on December 24th, 1.941 for the combats towards Moscow and signed by Walter Krüger as Generalmajor and provisional commander of the division, he received the RK on July 15th, 1.941 as Generalmajor und Kommanduer 1 Schutzen brigade, the DKiG on August 27th, 1.942 as Generalmajor und Kommandeur 1 Panzer Division and the EL (373) as Generalleutnant und Kommandeur 1 Panzer Division.

General Assault Badge on March 2nd, 1.942 by LIX A.K. signed by Kurt Wilhelm Gustav Erdmann von der Chevallerie as General der Infanterie und Kommandierender General, he received the RK on October 23rd, 1.941 as Generalleutnant und Kommandier 99 lei. I.D. and the EL (357) on December 19th, 1.943 as General der Infanterie Kommandierender LIX A.K. He was M.I.A. on April 18th, 1.945 in Kolberg, Pomerania.

Ostmedaille on August 20th, 1.942 signed by a Major und Kommandeur del Were.Ausb.Abt. 1

Also another citation in my collection for a member of this unit, different battery (7./Nebelwerfer Regiment 51) and awarded while attached to 6 Panzer Division.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

I like Nebelwerfer!
    very nice Group.
    Ciao Oriano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X